Assistant Market Officer
£18,933 - £19,312
You will be required to work on a 6-weekly rota including weekends and Public Holidays.
Hours per week vary, you will work 222 hours over the 6-week rota, this is equivalent to 37 hours per week.
The earliest start will be 6.00am and the latest finish 7:00pm.
This role is a front line customer service role. You will be required to provide excellent customer care ensuring that traders and users of the market have the best possible environment. Duties will include keeping the markets clean and tidy, ensuring stalls are erected in a timely and efficient manner and supporting the required health and safety practices.
You will be required to liaise directly with customers and must be able to do this in a polite, helpful and proactive manner.
For some jobs there may be a requirement to drive Markets vehicles with the requirement to tow trailers containing stalls or other equipment. Your role will be to unlock and lock buildings as required on each trading day; this includes de-activating and activating of alarm systems.
Requirements for this job:
- Ability to carry out basic maintenance tasks, i.e. repair or replace locks, door handles and replace light bulbs, tubes, plugs and fuses.
- Hold a full and valid Driving Licence and willing to undertake the Kirklees Driving Test.
- Willingness to work on a rota basis with the requirement to be flexible.
- Ability to travel between different work locations.
- Due to heavy lifting and the physical nature of the job you will be required to undertake a Medical Screening as determined by the Occupational Health Unit, appropriate to occupational risk.
24 January 2021, 11:55 PM