IT Principal Officer – Emerging Technology - Internal
£43,857 - £45,859
This job is internally restricted. To apply for this job you must be an employee of the Council for the duration of the recruitment process – up to and including the start date. You must also be a substantive employee (or an employee with 12 months continuous service or more) of the Council or an Apprentice. Please note that if you work for an Academy you are not an employee of the Council.
We are looking to appoint an individual to enable successful delivery of schemes that incorporate assistive (AT) and digital technologies.
Kirklees IT will line manage this internally appointed post for a period of up to 24 months. The new post will closely link and work with the ASC Capital Team on a regular basis.
The main focus of the post is working with the capital team on the Knowl Park house Centre of Excellence schemes, as this is the first scheme acting as a ‘blueprint’ for AT/ Digital in subsequent schemes. Architects were appointed in August 2020 and final designs will be signed off in January 2021. The postholder needs to focus on the AT/ Digital requirements of this scheme as soon as in post.
- To enable the contribution of Adult Social Care to the outcomes defined in the Corporate Technology Strategy and the ASC assistive technology strategy and ASC Vision, specifically those relating to the capital programme.
- To share knowledge and expertise with officers (Capital Team, establishment management / SCLT etc) to enable them to continue to deliver future schemes to a clear blueprint.
- Ensuring a coordinated approach to integrating assistive technologies into the ASC Capital schemes. The above outcomes will be delivered through the postholder working closely with the capital team to ensure the AT/ Digital ‘ask’ is specified in the feasibility and design stages of schemes and is not an afterthought.
- To advise as appropriate ensuring all systems / platforms support and connect appropriately.
- Facilitating understanding and learning of relevant officers within ASC around IT equipment, for example smart technologies within the centre of excellence ‘bungalow’.
- Work with the capital team and relevant professionals from contracted architects, for example M&E engineer and Stirling DSDC on AT/IT.
To be shortlisted for this post, you will be asked to provide recent evidence to demonstrate that you meet the essential criteria as detailed in this advert and the job profile.
17 January 2021, 11:55 PM
Applications for secondments will only be accepted if approved by your manager, you will be asked to confirm on your application form that you have the relevant permission.
If you are refused permission to apply for a secondment please contact HR Recruitment to register the refusal.