Commercial Analysis Manager - West Yorkshire Combined Authority
Kirklees Council are advertising this role on behalf of West Yorkshire Combined Authority.
We are seeking to appoint a Commercial Analysis Manager in our Transport Operations Directorate within our Customer Services Team. You will contribute to the development of a commercial analysis capability within the Combined Authority, supporting future policy decisions as well as existing pricing and contractual arrangements.
It is an exciting time to be joining the Combined Authority, following the announcement that a £1.8bn devolution deal has been secured for West Yorkshire. Devolution will enable us to drive up living standards for local communities while tackling the climate emergency and help deliver our commitment to become a net zero carbon city region by 2038.
Reporting into the Head of Customer Service, your key responsibilities will include:
- Providing commercial expertise and advice to inform the Combined Authority’s strategic options for public transport
- Supporting key decisions including the setting of service levels, products, prices and revenues
- Assessing the use and effectiveness of concessionary fares and ticketing policies
- Analysing the operating costs and commercial performance of transport services commissioned by the Combined Authority and advise the Authority on the performance of commercial transport provision
- Supporting the Combined Authority’s relationships with the public transport industry through contracts, partnerships and wider engagement
- Supporting the Combined Authority’s input into regional and national transport policies and programmes
Review the Role Profile provided on Our Website for more information about the responsibilities.
You will have the following key skills, attributes and experience but not be limited to:
- Experience of developing commercial strategies and managing their delivery
- Experience of shaping a team to deliver high standards in commercial analysis
- Strong analytical skills and strong data analysis skills and fluency in communicating the insights derived
- Demonstrable experience of developing successful pricing and retail strategies and providing commercial analysis to support future decisions quantifying financial risks
- Demonstrable experience of analysing and modelling operating costs
- Extensive experience of finding innovative solutions to complex economic challenges
- Extensive experience of managing complex commercial relationships in the transport or similar service or retail sector
Alongside a competitive salary, we offer an excellent benefits package including:
- 28 Days Holiday plus bank holidays
- Generous Employer-Contribution Pension Scheme
- Free Travel on rail and buses with the M-Card
- Flexible Working Practises with Health & Wellbeing initiatives to ensure you achieve the best work/life balance and career goals
If this sounds like your next role, please upload your CV to our online application form telling us why you would be a great fit for our role.
Visit Our Website for more information and details of how to apply. Please apply by 11:55pm on 24 January 2021. The reference number for this role is: TS/C40.
Applicants with a disability are guaranteed an interview, subject to the minimum criteria being met.
The Combined Authority’s aim is to attract people from diverse backgrounds to build on our inclusive culture and represent the communities we serve. We welcome applications from everyone regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
We are committed to inclusivity and will consider requests for flexible working including part time and job share arrangements.
Candidates will be notified of invitation to interview by e-mail and interviews will be carried out either by phone or video interview.
Please note that whilst it is our policy to recruit at SP1 for all appointments, which is the salary stated above, each role includes career salary progression, with incremental increases applicable in most cases, on an annual basis. The annual pay award for the financial year 2020/21 is still pending and will be applied to the salary structure as appropriate once confirmed.
Due to the high volumes of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to every applicant. If you have not heard from us within four weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Candidate information will be retained by the Combined Authority for six months unless you make a request for this to be deleted.
24 January 2021, 11:55 PM