Community Assessment & Support Officer - INTERNAL
Internally restricted job. To apply for this job you must be an employee of the Council for the duration of the recruitment process – up to and including the start date. You must also be a substantive employee (or an employee with 12 months continuous service or more) of the Council or an Apprentice. Please note that if you work for an Academy you are not an employee of the Council.
You will be working with people in the community who have particular social care needs or a carer. As part of the Self Directed Support Pathway, referrals will be received from differing sources; your role will be to support customers through an assessment process (Person Led Assessment) to identify their needs. This will involve seeking and encouraging the contribution of customers, their carers and relatives as well as others involved in their care e.g. colleagues from Health.
Requirements for this job:
- Experience of working in a caring environment in a paid or unpaid capacity with a relevant service group.
- Ability to demonstrate literacy, numeracy and computer skills to complete assessments and correspondence, complete financial statements and keep accurate records.
- IT skills to be able to maintain accurate electronic records.
- An understanding of the differing physical and emotional needs pertaining to the specific user group.
- Ability to identify needs of individuals and formulate support plans.
- Ability to prioritise and meet deadlines.
- Understanding of other agencies and their contribution to service delivery.
Travel is an essential part of this job and therefore it would be extremely difficult for you to do your job effectively if you did not use a car for all or most of the time. It is essential that you hold a full and valid driving licence and it is expected that you will either use a council vehicle or your own car.
Our offer to you:
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Friendly and supportive team environment
- Ongoing Training and Career development
- Excellent pension scheme
- A range of family friendly polices
In order to be shortlisted for this job please demonstrate how you meet the Person Checklist as detailed on the attached Job Description.
19 January 2021, 11:55 PM