Business Support Officer – Leadership Office
£19,554 - £21,166
Would you like to be part of an ambitious local authority, which is passionate about serving its diverse communities?
Are you interested in developing your career where you can make a real difference to local people? An exciting opportunity has arisen for a knowledgeable and committed individual to be part of a team in providing business support to the Leadership of the Council.
This is a fast-paced role, and you will be expected to act with absolute discretion in supporting the PA to the Leader of the Council.
Applicants must be able to handle a variety of tasks quickly, efficiently, and calmly, and be able to work to tight deadlines.
You will be required to provide a comprehensive and flexible business support service and will contribute to the effective running of the office by providing smooth and efficient administrative support in a friendly, professional and customer focused way, managing a varied workload including dealing with confidential and sensitive information with conflicting deadlines.
Ideally you will have experience working with Councillors.
The Leadership Office Duties will include:
- Specialist administrative support
- Diary management
- Arrange meetings and take minutes as appropriate
- Data processing (input and retrieval) including service-based IT systems
- SAP knowledge is desirable
- Dealing with enquiries from members of the public, MPs, other Local Authorities Leaders, external partners face to face or email.
- Responding to and signposting routine enquiries
- Reception duties – meeting and greeting
- Information and record management as directed
- Produce basic statistical and management information
- Providing cover in the absence of the PA
It is essential that you are familiar with computer packages such as Microsoft Word, Access and Excel and that you are able to demonstrate business admin skills to NVQ Level 2. You should also have a level of literacy and numeracy to be able to produce routine documentation and statistical information.
12 July 2020, 11:55 PM