Senior Highways Operative
We are looking for Senior Highways Operatives. You may have worked for Utility Companies, Contractors, Groundworkers, Road Crews, Surfacing team. Have you experience leading/managing/supervising a team, carrying out any of the works below. These may include but not exclusively
- Town Centre Regeneration works -Laying specialist paving and kerbs.
- Estate Reconstruction works – Laying new drainage systems, gully pots, re-kerbing, PCC or stone, laying edgings, reinstating footways in bitumen materials tarmacking or modular paving (flagging, block paving).
- Reactive Works – Multi-hog patching, pothole repair, footway and carriageway patching, small walls, spot kerb repairs, vehicle and pedestrian drop crossings.
- Drainage Systems installation and repair. Gully pots and Surface water systems.
- Walls – Structural, Burr, Retaining, Fence, random/coursed stone, block, brick, dry stone.
- Traffic/Safety Schemes – Ducting and boxes, NAL sockets, tactile paving, traffic islands, Pedestrian Guard Rail.
- Machine Laid Carriageway and footway surfacing and patching, acting as the ganger, screwman / screed operator.
- Street furniture level change and erection (Columns, Posts, Bollards, Boxes, Feeder Pillars, Traffic Light posts, Traffic Signal Bases, NAL Sockets, Visi rail, Timber Fencing)
- Street Lighting works.
You will also be given the training (LGV) and opportunity to take part in adverse weather standby dealing with Snow and Ice conditions as part of a rota, during the winter period.
We are looking for 3 Senior Highways Operatives who will be based at either our Headlands Depot at Liversedge (WF15 7NT) or Reins Depot at Honley (HD9 6LN) and be allocated to either the day shift (Mon to Fri) or night shift. (4 on 4 off including weekends and bank holidays).
This is physically demanding and involves bending, lifting, carrying and walking on a regular basis. You will work outside in all types of weather conditions. You will be responsible for the supervision of a team and you must have the necessary communication skills to performance manage employees within your team(s) and across the organisation including absence, holidays, health and safety, productivity and behaviour.
You must hold a driving licence. An NVQ level 3 in a relevant subject area, Highways Maintenance, Street Lighting would be beneficial or proven ability to work at this level and be able to demonstrate your experience in prioritising, co-ordinating and delivering agreed schemes/workloads.
If you are interested in what we are offering, and have the skills we are looking for, have a look at the attached job profile for more information.
08 July 2020, 11:55 PM
This vacancy is closed to applications.