Project Officer - Major Transport Infrastructure
£36,876 - £38,813
Huddersfield’s town’s and valley’s weave together vibrant, young, dynamic communities with breath-taking Yorkshire landscape. The Kirklees area has built on its proud industrial heritage by being a place that encourages innovation and entrepreneurship.
Our vision for Kirklees is to be a district which combines a strong, sustainable economy with a great quality of life - leading to thriving communities, growing businesses, high prosperity and low inequality where people enjoy better health throughout their lives. This vision is supported by our Health and Wellbeing and Economic Strategies, and backed up by our newly adopted Local Plan and a transformative infrastructure investment programme including:
· £70m investment in digital infrastructure
· £150m investment in the transport network
· £50m Transforming Cities Funding to invest in public transport, walking and cycling
· £45m investment in town centres
· 10,000 new homes delivered by 2023
· £18m investment in low carbon energy schemes
The council’s Major Projects Service takes a lead role on major infrastructure delivery. An exciting opportunity has arisen for exceptional project managers who want to play a leading role in reshaping our local economy and forging better futures for thousands of people.
This is a permanent post within the Major Infrastructure Team which leads the Council thinking on transport policies and major projects.
As Project Officer you will be working with colleagues from within the council, other public and private sector organisations, commissioned consultants, Highways England and Rail and Bus operators to deliver successful bids for major highway and transport schemes and develop them to a point where detailed design and construction can be passed to the county’s delivery team.
You will work with a range of stakeholders including senior managers, Members, developers and infrastructure providers to coordinate and deliver projects and lead on the design, organising and attending public consultation / exhibitions to seek stakeholder consensus on projects and transport policy and strategy.
The post holder will be a highway and transport engineer and /or transport planner with some experience of managing regeneration and place programmes and projects and will act as project / programme manager for one or more schemes to manage the diverse activities that contribute to the successful delivery of major projects of this nature.
We are looking for talented people to join our ambitious, creative and highly collaborative team. We want to hear from you if you have:
· Experience of leading pre-feasibility work, ranging from area- wide transport / economic and masterplanning to corridor investment strategies
· Have a working knowledge of the Five Case Model (HM Treasury Green Book) assurance process.
· Good understanding of highway, transport and town centre regeneration principles and practices.
· Proven ability to apply project management principles and techniques to a wide range of complex projects or programmes including financial management of projects / programmes.
· Practical or professional experience and understanding of this specialist area and proven problem-solving skills with the capacity to devise and implement innovative solutions
· Proven ability to establish and maintain highly effective working relationships with a range of stakeholders.
· Knowledge of computerised business systems.
This is an excellent opportunity for an individual with strong interpersonal, organisational and negotiation skills along with good project management experience.
The role involves partnership working across the Leeds City Region and establishing professional relationships with partner organisations. Hence, applicants should have good communication and networking skills.
This is an exciting and challenging time for Kirklees, and we need more talented and ambitious people to join our team. If you are this person, we look forward to hearing from you.
For more information about this post please contact Keith Bloomfield, Team Lead, Major Projects and Infrastructure on 01484 221000.
30 June 2020, 11:55 PM
This vacancy is closed to applications.