Senior Business Support Officer (Finance) - Woodley School and College
Woodley School and College is seeking to appoint an experienced and capable Finance Officer. The post will be for 30 hours per week during term time, plus 4 inset days (equivalent to 30hrs) and 30hrs during the school holidays (dates TBA annually in line with financial requirements). Days/pattern of work is negotiable.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Salary: Grade 7
We are looking for a Finance Officer to join our team. We want an effective and motivated professional who is resilient, willing to learn with high aspirations for the pupils, themselves and the school. We want someone who will:
- Inspire trust and confidence
- Be honest and trustworthy
- Commit to the school team
- Be a flexible, reflective and self-evaluating member of the team
- Take positive action to improve the quality of finance admin throughout the school
We can offer:
- A well-resourced and pleasant working environment
- A supportive leadership team school which values and invests in all our staff by providing a range of bespoke CPL opportunities to support you to meet the needs of our pupils
- A school committed to its children and families
The post holder will ensure all systems are effective and support the management of the School's finances. The Finance Officer will work with the Business Manager and Head teacher to ensure that resources are used effectively to support Woodley’s vision and objectives. The successful candidate will be fully supported by the Business Manager and must have excellent knowledge of IT systems, be self-motivated and be able to prioritise their workload. An understanding of FMS, Money Manager, Income Generation and ParentPay would be advantageous.
Main duties will include:
- Assisting the SBM with preparation of annual budgets
- Maintain and manage the accounting systems, FMS and Money Manager
- Maintaining oversight of school bank account(s), ParentPay and cash flow, and ensuring monthly reconciliations are carried out
- Prepare monthly management account returns to the LA in liaison with the SBM
- Prepare reports for the School Governors
- Ensure monthly SAP reports from the LA are correct
- Propose revisions to the budget in response to significant or unforeseen developments
- Monitor all financial transactions, ensuring best value and practice
- Seek and apply for additional funding via bid writing and grant applications
Visits to the school are essential, please call to make an appointment.
If you require further information about the role or to arrange a visit, please contact the school on: 01484 223937 or you can visit the school website at www.woodleyschool.org.uk/
Application forms and further detailscan be obtained from Asha Bamforth, Business Admin Officer, on 01484 223937 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Completed forms must be returned directly by post, email or hand to the Business Admin Officer at the school by Friday 3 July 2020.
Interviews, if shortlisted, will be held W/C 13 July 2020.
Commencement would be required from Monday 7th September or as soon as possible thereafter.
03 July 2020, 5:00 PM
This vacancy is closed to applications.