ETA - Golcar Junior, Infant and Nursery School
September start (date may alter subject to Covid 19 restrictions) and is on a fixed term basis to be reviewed August 2021 depending on funding.
TTO 15 hours per week fixed term.
Golcar J I & N School is a popular school within the Colne Valley with 476 children currently on roll. We provide a positive, nurturing and inspiring learning environment where everyone is encouraged and supported to achieve their goals. Our children are keen to learn, are well behaved and want to achieve their best.
We are looking for a friendly, flexible and caring person to join our school, work as an Educational Teaching Assistant with an individual child. The post is 15 hours and is fixed term subject to funding.
Experience of working with children in a school or early years environment and knowledge of the EYFS/National curriculum is essential. Experience of working with children with additional needs and an understanding of positive behavioural support approaches are also essential. Applications are invited from individuals who are enthusiastic, positive with good communication skills and able to work as part of a team to support children’s learning.
We can offer
- A welcoming, inclusive, caring school.
- A hard working and supportive staff team who are committed to high quality teaching and learning.
- A commitment to professional development.
- Enthusiastic pupils who are keen to learn.
- High standards and high expectations in every aspect of school life.
- An opportunity to make a difference to children’s lives and their families.
- A supportive and dedicated Governing Body.
- Parents / carers who are keen to work in partnership to raise standards.
- Support, guidance and management from the Headteacher and Early Years team
In return we are looking for:
- Commitment and enthusiasm to motivate children, practitioners and parents/carers to reach their full potential.
- Someone with experience of working with communication and language difficulties, challenging and SEMH
- Support for the vision, ethos and policies of the school and promote high levels of achievement;
- Someone who is passionate about children’s learning and welfare and with high expectations for all learners.
- A team player who can work alongside teaching staff to deliver positive outcomes for children.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff are subject to an enhanced DBS check. A conviction may not exclude candidates from appointment but will be considered as part of the recruitment process.
We would encourage candidates to visit school – please contact school to arrange a visit. For more information about the school please go to our website.
Closing Date: 3rd July 2020
Interview date: W/c 6th July 2020
03 July 2020, 12:00 PM
This vacancy is closed to applications.