Family Group Conference Co-ordinator - INTERNAL
£26,999 - £29,636
Internally restricted job. To apply for this job you must be an employee of the Council for the duration of the recruitment process – up to and including the start date. You must also be a substantive employee (or an employee with 12 months continuous service or more) of the Council or an Apprentice. Please note that if you work for an Academy you are not an employee of the Council.
You will be responsible for working across Kirklees to bring together family networks to hold Family Group Conferences with the aim of supporting them to develop their own solutions in circumstances where there are safeguarding concerns. Working restoratively to develop effective working relationships to deliver co-ordinated support to Children, Young people and their Families keeping the child’s voice at the centre.
You will need to ensure the service is delivered in line with the principles that underpin the Family Group Conferencing model (FGC) and build effective professional relationships with Children’s Social Care and Early Support services in order to develop and embed a high quality, effective Family Group Conferencing Service across Kirklees.
If you are interested in this area of work and have the following skills, then this could be the ideal development opportunity for you:
- Knowledge and understanding of the principles of Family Group Conferencing
- Knowledge and understanding of the role of others agencies/agencies who work with children and families
- NVQ/Level 4 qualification in a relevant subject e.g. Health, Social Care or Youth
- Understanding of child development and issues facing young people
- Ability to establish a good working relationship with referrers and communicate with all family members including children and young people enabling them to take an active part in the FGC process and able to provide professional advice, training and consultancy to staff
- A good level of IT skills and the use or related systems to record, update and provide information and reports.
Please contact Mickaela Irving if you have any questions about the role on 01484 221000, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
05 July 2020, 11:55 PM
This vacancy is closed to applications.