Residential Care Officer - Various Jobs
Job 1 - Copthone House - 37 hours (days)
Job 2 - Copthorne House - 35 hours (waking nights)
We also have a number of positions available throughout Kirklees. Please specify in your application which position you are applying for.
We are currently looking to appoint Residential care Officers in our various care homes throughout Kirklees and on a causal basis.
In Kirklees we want the best for our children and young people, we are looking for staff who share our aspirations.
Working with children and young people can be rewarding and challenging, with no two days being the same. Our children’s homes provide a high standard of care and support. We are looking for new staff who are passionate about supporting and enabling young people to have positive experiences and reach their full potential.
To give an idea of what you might do on a regular basis, you might be:
- Supporting a child/young person with school work
- Transporting a child/young person to contact and supervising contact
- Supporting a child/young person with personal care (disability homes primarily)
- Taking a child/young person out to an activity or shopping
- Talking to a young person about their day/week – celebrating success or discussing challenges they are facing
- Looking for a child/young person who is missing
Working with children and young people in our children’s homes as a casual residential care officer will offer you the opportunity to achieve a flexible work life balance that can fit around your existing commitments. You will have the opportunity to work alongside experienced members of staff and be part of a wider team. You will also be provided with learning and development opportunities to increase your knowledge and skills.
Requirements for this job:
- Experience or an interest in working with children and young people to support them to achieve and thrive.
- An understanding of the issues faced by children and young people and how life experiences can impact on their social and emotional wellbeing
Our Childrens Homes are based across various locations within Kirklees. The hours worked are on a casual basis agreed between you and the home manager to suit the needs of the children living there. This usually involves working different shifts, across the 7 days a week including weekends and Public Holidays.
- Day shifts can be between 7am and 10pm
- Waking night shifts are between 9.30pm and 8am
If you are interested and wish to find out more about what it’s like to work in a Kirklees children’s home, please contact Ben Lancaster or Claire Morgan on 01418 221000
In order to be shortlisted for this job please fill in the Application Form. CVs will not be accepted.
12 July 2020, 11:55 PM