Lead Administrative Officer - Appleton Academy
Kirklees Council are advertising this role on behalf of Appleton Academy.
The Lead Administrative Officer plays a key role at the Academy. You will be working closely with the Executive Headteacher and Executive Services Manager to not only manage the administrative team at Appleton Academy but to take a proactive role in overseeing some of the most important functions of running effective support services for our staff, students, parents, stakeholders and the wider community.
You will be the first point of contact for parents, students, staff and other visitors but also for managing critical functions such as (but not limited to):
- First line staff absence reporting
- Managing visitors’ ID checks and elements of the Single Central Register
- Managing the admin budget
- First aid
- Trips and visits
- School uniform procurement
- Maintaining stock & supplies using Trust procurement systems
You will also manage a dedicated team of administrative staff, delegating and managing workloads, providing support and training and ensuring the team remain motivated at all times to meet agreed service level standards. The ideal candidate will, therefore, be accountable, expect high standards of themselves and others, be organised, approachable and friendly and able to work with minimal supervision.
We can offer:
- A dedicated and experienced staff team, supported by SLT, governors and parents
- An opportunity to make a significant contribution to our ongoing improvements
- An opportunity to further your professional development
- Access to excellent training and guidance
- Access to free support via our Employee Assistance Programme
- A 6-month probationary period
For an informal discussion regarding this opportunity, please contact Craig Armitage, Executive Services Manager via email@example.com . Further details about our school can also be found on our website www.appletonacademy.co.uk
If you are interested in applying for this role, please do so by downloading an application form from our website and submitting a completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 12 noon, Thursday 2 July 2020
Interview dates: From week commencing 6 July 2020
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children
All posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check
Proof of eligibility to work in the UK will be required
Please note CVs are not accepted for this post
02 July 2020, 12:00 PM
This vacancy is closed to applications.