Conservation Design Ecology and Trees Team Leader
£42,683 - £44,632
The Conservation, Design, Ecology and Trees Section is responsible for Conservation & Design, Environmental inputs to the planning and wider functions of the Council and the protection of trees and hedges. Kirklees has a rich and varied historic environment with over 4,500 Listed Buildings and about 60 Conservation Areas, and the value of the heritage environment is a recognised and important part of the planning process. Likewise, the natural environment is an important asset to the citizens of Kirklees and the long-term attractiveness of the area.
As Conservation Design Ecology and Trees Team Leader, your responsibilities will include:
- Providing effective leadership, management and direction of the Conservation, Design, Trees and Ecology Team and ensure performance targets are met
- Supporting other senior managers within Development Management to deliver an effective, high quality, efficient and value for money service
- Maintaining effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the protection and enhancement of the heritage asset and good practice in conservation and design
We are looking for someone who has:
- A relevant professional qualification – MRTPI, RIBA, IHBC memberships are desirable
- An extensive experience in development management particularly in connection with Conservation, Design, Ecology and Trees
- An extensive knowledge and experience of supervising and managing teams
08 July 2020, 11:55 PM
This vacancy is closed to applications.