Educational Teaching Assistants - Thornhill Community Academy
Kirklees Council are advertising this role on behalf of Thornhill Community Academy.
We are looking to recruit highly motivated, enthusiastic and caring Educational Teaching Assistants who will provide practical support to individual and groups of students, in and out of the classroom with regards to learning, educational activities, developing social skills, integration and for securing physical and emotional well-being.
Successful candidates will work in the Specialist Provision which provides support for children with Autistic Spectrum Conditions. The postholders will work as part of a specialist team including teachers, support staff and a range of other professionals to support the learning and welfare of all targeted children and where appropriate ensure smooth transition of children to their designated local school.
This role includes organising and providing learning and educational activities, developing skills, supporting integration and transition, securing children’s physical and emotional well-being, whilst raising self-esteem and encouraging independence.
You will work under the guidance of teaching/senior staff to implement and oversee agreed work programmes with individuals/groups, in or out of the classroom. This could include those requiring detailed and specialist knowledge in particular areas and will involve assisting the teacher in the whole planning cycle and the management/preparation of resources.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have Maths and English to GCSE Grade C or equivalent;
- Be highly organised;
- Have an outstanding track record in ensuring children succeed;
- Be creative in their approach;
- Have knowledge and understanding of Autism Spectrum Condition;
- Have very high expectations of achievement and behaviour;
- Love encouraging, motivating and inspiring young children through the support they give in order to encourage their learning;
- Be committed to our ethos that all pupils can achieve at Thornhill Community Academy;
- Have great references demonstrating they are a suitable candidate, safe to work with children.
At SHARE MAT, we aim to:
- Equip our staff to deliver their best every day, our belief is that by Valuing People, Supporting Personal Best is the key;
- Encourage all our pupils to go beyond what they think they can achieve, to enjoy learning, helping them to lead healthy and happy lives;
- Ensure our staff are happy at work, taking pride in pupils’ progress and development;
- Never stop improving, developing and sharing our practice with others;
- Deliver training and guidance relevant to job role so expectations are understood and staff feel motivated;
- Offer great benefits making us the employer of choice, including outstanding CPD, supportive line management and networking opportunities across the MAT to aid personal development.
Thornhill Community Academy is one of our eight academies/schools within our trust and is part of a close-knit community well located for commute from Leeds, Huddersfield and Wakefield. We encourage that you visit the Academy where a warm welcome awaits, you will see that Thornhill Community Academy:
- Offers an exceptional learning environment and facilities, alongside a wide range of professional learning and development opportunities;
- a vibrant place of learning and encouragement where children are happy, settled and confident;
- Has a broad and balanced curriculum that provides a memorable educational experience for all of its pupils;
- Aims to equip pupils with the attributes and attitude they need for their next stage of education
To find out more regarding the posts available, please contact Julia Wood, Administration Manager on firstname.lastname@example.org or download the application pack from the TES website to apply.
Please note that CVs will not be accepted. The application pack must be downloaded from the jobs page of the SHARE MAT or Academy website which can be found on our career site. Alternatively, please contact Julia Wood on the above contact details.
SHARE MAT comprises of Beech Primary School, Cowlersley Primary School, Heaton Avenue Primary School, Luck Lane Primary School, Millbridge Junior, Infant and Nursery School,Royds Hall Community School, Shelley College, and Thornhill Community Academy.
SHARE MAT is committed to the Equalities Act 2010 and also to promoting the welfare and safeguarding of children and young people, by adhering to the “Keeping Children Safe in Education” guidance. All staff and volunteers are regularly trained regarding our expectations in keeping our students safe. An enhanced DBS is required for every post.
03 July 2020, 12:00 PM
This vacancy is closed to applications.