Headteacher - Pentland Infant and Nursery School
Job Start: 1st January 2023 or sooner if available.
Are you an exceptional leader who wants to make a real difference to the lives of our children and community?
Could you actively promote the values and ethos of our school, to instil a love of learning within a respectful and caring community?
The governors, staff and children are looking for a strong, innovative yet nurturing headteacher with a love of learning to embrace the vision and values of our Pentland family.
Pentland Infant and Nursery School aims to provide a happy, caring and stimulating learning environment. We are a two-form entry infant and nursery school catering for children aged 2 - 7years old. We offer a creative, vibrant and welcoming ethos to meet the unique needs of each and every one of our children. We are fortunate to have extensive grounds in the heart of the community. We also benefit from a number of quality buildings and indoor spaces which safely houses our happy and eager children.
Our school is looking for someone who is:
- An ambitious and passionate individual who strives to ensure that every child achieves their personal best
- An approachable headteacher who can lead and inspire, both our children, and our hardworking and dedicated team
- Able to encourage and motivate the Pentland family to reach new strengths whilst continuing to celebrate and build upon our existing achievements
- An empathetic individual who will embrace our open-door policy to nurture relationships with colleagues, parents, and children
- Someone who will work and lead others to secure the commitment of the wider community, by developing and maintaining effective relationships with stakeholders
In return Pentland Infant and Nursery School can offer you:
- Happy and enthusiastic children who are kind and considerate to all
- A dedicated, experienced, professional, and caring staff team
- A supportive, challenging and enthusiastic Governing Body
- Parents and carers who are positively engaged with the school and an active PTA
- An amazing place to be!
Are you the inspiring leader we are looking for to take us on the next step of our learning journey?
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff are subject to an enhanced DBS check. A conviction may not exclude candidates from appointment but will be considered as part of the recruitment process.
How to apply
Please download and complete the application form attached. Completed applications can be submitted via email to: email@example.com
Please ensure that your personal statement provides the evidence on how you meet the person specification for the post on no more than 3 pages of A4, using font size12. Please do not send CVs.
Our website http://www.pentlandinf.co.uk gives a good introduction to our school, but prospective candidates are encouraged to visit the school prior to application. Please note that visits to the school can be arranged by contacting our Business Manager on 01924 451631 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Guided tours of the school will be available on the following dates/times: -
- Monday 19th September at 9.15 a.m.
- Monday 19th September at 11.15 a.m.
- Monday 19th September at 1.45 p.m.
- Tuesday 20th September at 9.15 a.m.
- Tuesday 20th September at 11.15 a.m.
- Tuesday 20th September at 1.45 p.m.
Closing date: 5th October
Shortlisting will take place on: 7th October
Interviews will be held on: 19th and 20th October
Candidates selected for interview will be contacted immediately after shortlisting by phone and email, but we will not contact unsuccessful candidates. References will be taken up after shortlisting and reviewed prior to interview stage.
05 October 2022, 12:00 PM
This vacancy is closed to applications.