Building Surveyor/CAD Technician - West Yorkshire Fire & Rescue Service
Kirklees Council are advertising this role on behalf of West Yorkshire Fire & Rescue Service.
We are looking for someone to provide professional property management services to the Authority, assisting the Property & Project Manager and the wider team, in the delivery of the annual capital construction and refurbishment programme of works. Ensuring projects are completed to agreed timescales, quality and set budgets.
Outline of Key Responsibilities
You will undertake feasibility studies and measured surveys and produce drawings and specifications for minor construction and refurbishment projects.
You will liaise with external agencies as required to include Building Regs, Planning, Highways etc and other professionals.
You will act as project manager on revenue and capital schemes including liaising with external consultants ranging from M and E, structural engineers and other professionals to deliver WYFRS programme of works.
You will prepare concise technical reports and, where appropriate make recommendations in relation to and improvements to the efficient functioning of the buildings/sites.
You will report to the Property Manager and produce periodic reports to the Head of Estates, the successful candidate will be knowledgeable in all building disciplines, Health and Safety, Facilities Management and the Environment.
Essential job requirements
- A minimum of HNC / D construction related qualification, with demonstratable post qualification experience.
- Significant demonstratable post qualification experience in a Building Surveying role within an environment of comparable scale and complexity.
- Demonstrable experience of delivering construction and refurbishment projects from inception to completion ranging in value from £50k to £1m.
- Demonstrable experience of administering NEC and JCT forms of contracts.
- Demonstrable experience of consultant and contractor supervision including Clerk of Works duties.
- Good level of literacy, numeracy and the English language.
- Confident, with well-developed interpersonal and communication skills.
- Results orientated – proactively managing risks and resolving problems.
- Ability and initiative to prioritise own workload with minimal supervision to achieve desired objectives and outcomes.
- Ability to organise, multi-task and work flexibility.
- Attention to detail and assurance of data accuracy.
- Ability to climb ladders and scaffolding to access site works or high-level areas for inspections.
- Possess and maintain a current driving licence.
- Ability to use a wide range of Microsoft packages including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
We offer flexible working arrangements, including hybrid working. Whilst you will be required to work from our offices for parts of your initial training, after this you'll work both in the office and from home as part of our 'hybrid' working model.
Therefore, applicants must also have a car available for work purposes with valid business insurance and a reliable home internet connection.
The post is subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service Check and the possession of current valid driving licence.
We offer an excellent package, including Local Government Pension Scheme, free parking, 37 hour flexible working week, an employee assistance programme, training and development, sports and social clubs with free use of gym. Job share applicants welcome.
For further details of this and all our vacancies and to apply online please visit the West Yorkshire Fire & Rescue Service Careers Site. Closing date for all applications is Sunday 9 October 2022 (midnight).
We are an equal opportunities employer; we value and celebrate equality, diversity & neurodiversity and inclusion. We particularly welcome candidates from communities that are currently under-represented at WYFRS, including women, Black, Asian & Minority Ethnic applicants and applicants with disabilities. We can offer support and adjustments for candidates and staff who experience barriers to work that result from health conditions or Specific Learning Differences, such as dyslexia.
WYFRS is a ‘Real Living Wage’ employer and have been rated ‘good’ by HMICFRS in all areas of our service.
09 October 2022, 12:00 AM
This vacancy is closed to applications.