Assistant Headteacher – Director of Post 16 - Heckmondwike Grammar School
Kirklees Council are advertising this role on behalf of Heckmondwike Grammar School.
Are you innovative, enthusiastic and passionate about education and would like to join the senior management of a top performing school?
Then this post might be the job for you.
Heckmondwike Grammar School is a unique school, with students who are eager to learn, keen to know more and want to enjoy their educational experiences. It is exceptional in many ways: a very diverse school community that produces results of the highest quality. We work effectively with the young people, really care about them and their futures and have an ultimate success measure of enabling them to proceed to where they want to go.
We are looking for an ambitious, hard-working and enthusiastic leader to join our Senior Leadership Team in a school that is going from strength to strength. In terms of the specific role, this is a superb and rare opportunity to lead a large school based sixth form.
The reputation of the sixth form is very high, and the progress students achieve year on year compares very favourably with local competitors, making it a most popular offer in the area. We deliver an academic diet of purely A-level courses, and this has proven to be very successful. Sixth formers integrate well into the school despite having a separate sixth form social space.
Specific Responsibilities for the sixth form:
- Maximise achievements of post 16 students.
- Ensure pastoral care is outstanding.
- Ensure attendance and punctuality is outstanding.
- Manage the process of recruitment into the sixth form, ensuring year groups are filled with aspirant students who have met the terms of their offers.
- Ensure the highest possible proportions of HGS Y11 students are retained into the sixth form.
- Ensure all students receive high quality 1:1 post 18 progression support.
- Design, implement and evaluate the highest quality of non-qualification curriculum.
- Ensure all students receive work experience (working with the Careers team).
- Ensure the highest standards of adherence to dress code and behaviour.
In return we can offer:
- a competitive salary commensurate with experience and expertise.
- membership of the teachers’ pension scheme and other wellbeing benefits.
- eager and committed students who are keen to learn and progress.
- a creative and supportive team, who are driven to support and challenge our students.
- outstanding facilities.
- a learning-centred school where the best possible practice is the priority.
- a comprehensive CPD programme and opportunities to develop as a leader.
- a vibrant, supportive community of like-minded professionals.
Please apply by the deadline of Monday 10th October 2022, completing the application form and submitting a letter of application referencing the job description and person specification, on your vision for Heckmondwike Grammar School sixth form, detailing your skills and experience that are relevant to this post. Completed applications should be sent by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
To arrange a visit before applying, please contact Dawn Jepson-North on 01924 402202 or email@example.com
10 October 2022, 9:00 AM
This vacancy is closed to applications.