Assistant Head of Year - Bingley Grammar School
KIRKLEES COUNCIL ARE ADVERTISING THIS ROLE ON BEHALF OF BINGLEY GRAMMAR SCHOOL.
We are looking to fill the following permanent post to start as soon as possible: Assistant Head of Year
The successful candidate will work closely with students and families to ensure high standards of safety, welfare and behaviour of students within a specified Year Group. In particular, our focus is on restorative measures and therefore an understanding of these and their impact is highly desirable, as this will enable you to be part of a team which has a pro-active approach to behaviour and safeguarding.
The role and responsibilities include:
- Monitoring, mentoring, and supporting targeted groups of students under the direction of the Head of Year;
- Working with parents, colleagues and external agencies to ensure individual and year group attendance continues to improve;
- Working with parents, colleagues and external agencies as appropriate to ensure student well-being;
- Following the school’s agreed procedures in cases of safeguarding and/or child protection issues;
- Working to ensure that students feel able to communicate concerns and report problems, and that appropriate and effective action follows;
- Responding to parental and student concerns from the school’s concerns helpline;
- Investigating and dealing with day-to-day incidents involving students;
- Participating in monitoring student behaviour through report systems and pastoral support plans;
- Providing a visible presence around school at all times, particularly break and lunchtimes and building up positive and supportive relationships with students;
- Liaising with parents in matters concerning student welfare;
- Attending relevant meetings with students, staff, parents and outside agencies as appropriate and as required (may be outside working hours).
The successful candidates will be able to demonstrate:
- Minimum standard of GCSE (grade A*-C) or equivalent, in English and Maths
- A good sense of humour, enthusiasm and a positive attitude
- Recent and relevant experience of working with young people
- Experience of improving student behaviour and outcomes
- The ability to work well both individually and as part of a team
- Good literacy and numeracy skills
- Strong ICT skills and SIMS proficiency
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Go to Our Vacancies for more details about the post.
Closing date for completed applications is Monday 10th October 2022 at 9.00am
Interviews are on Thursday 13th October 2022
Please note CVs will not be accepted
10 October 2022, 9:00 AM
This vacancy is closed to applications.