Quality Control Officer (Electrical)
£30,507 - £32,878
At Kirklees we want to be innovative and creative in the way we work to deliver our services to our communities. This is an exciting and challenging time and we want to expand our team to manage and deliver construction related projects, to achieve the Council’s ambitions. We are looking for a Construction Quality Control Officer to work within our Corporate Landlord and Capital Delivery Department. You will have extensive knowledge and experience in electrical services to ensure that materials and workmanship meet the specifications as well as recognised quality standards.
Your key responsibilities as a Construction Quality Control Officer (Electrical) will be:
- To oversee construction work for a wide range of capital projects, which can involve multi-discipline or single discipline teams that are completing new build, refurbishment or re-modelling contracts
- To complete site inspections and record construction processes, ensuring that works completed meet specifications and recognised quality standards
- To work effectively with customers and stakeholders to ensure value for money and that customers needs are met whilst minimising risk
We are looking for someone who:
- Has a relevant professional or academic qualification that supports the skills needed for Quality Control Officer (Electrical)
- Has a wide understanding of the building industry including knowledge of trades, materials, methods and relevant legislation
- Strong IT skills with experience using a variety of packages such as Microsoft Office and AutoDesk
We need more talented and ambitious people to join our team. If you are this person, we look forward to hearing from you.
Individuals must be able to travel independently to and from locations away from the office such as construction sites or consultant’s offices. In addition, individuals need to be able to visit construction sites, and be able to ascend and descend scaffolding as an example, on accompanied visits.
21 August 2020, 11:55 PM