Transport Officers – 2 jobs - internal
£26,999 - £29,636
Are you efficient and organised? Enjoy working within a fast paced environment?
If so, we have two exciting opportunities for experienced Transport Officers to work within our service. One being a full time permanent role and the other a temporary role for up to 11 months, due to covering the absence of the substantive post holder.
The Transport Service provides escorted transport for 850 pupils with special educational needs and disabilities to schools within Kirklees and beyond, 2,400 bus passes and boarding cards, transport for older people to day care and other provisions for after school clubs and short breaks/respite.
You will be responsible for assisting the Senior Transport Officer with the day to day delivery of the transport service. You will be expected to line manage business support staff, Passenger Assistant Supervisor/s and Passenger Assistants who accompany customers on their journey, and provide support and guidance on a day to day basis. You will assess and arrange requests for transport and deal with queries and enquiries from service users and transport operators and maintain accurate records related to the service. You will also be responsible for emergency phone cover during the evening and early morning on a rota basis.
You will have:
- Experience within a large organisation in a first line supervisory position;
- Knowledge and/or Special Educational Needs and Disabilities.
- Knowledge and/or experience of financial procedures and people management;
- Proven track record of service delivery to an agreed level of performance and standard;
- Experience of managing difficult situations whilst working in a demanding, fast paced working environment, and be able to demonstrate resilience in such situations;
- Team player style of approach, ready to take on any challenge;
- Experience of managing customer expectations;
- Geographical and functional mobility.
02 August 2020, 11:55 PM
This vacancy is closed to applications.