Lawyer (Projects, Procurement & Contracts)
KIRKLEES COUNCIL IS ADVERTISING THIS ROLE ON BEHALF OF WEST YORKSHIRE COMBINED AUTHORITY
We are recruiting for two Lawyers who wants to play a leading role in reshaping our local economy and forging better futures for millions of people. This is a great opportunity to move into a senior legal role which can offer a variety of work in a vibrant environment.
It’s an exciting time to join the West Yorkshire Combined Authority, following the recent announcement that a £1.8bn devolution deal has been secured for West Yorkshire. Devolution will enable us to drive up living standards through better transport, improved skills and stronger businesses, while tackling the climate emergency.
We are seeking a self-motivated, experienced projects, procurement and contracts lawyers to join our team to:
- Provide legal and commercial support on a variety of projects and procurement negotiations & decisions across the organisation.
- Engage with a wide mix of stakeholders in high profile, large scale infrastructure projects ensuring the best deal for the region is achieved.
- Support our regional grant funding schemes and prepare complex contractual documentation.
You will be proactive and motivated with an excellent track record of providing customer focused and authoritative legal advice and support. You can demonstrate the ability to lead, manage and advise on complex legal and commercial work, managing competing priorities and delivering clear and accurate advice, often to tight timescales.
You will be a qualified Solicitor, Barrister or FCILEx.
Alongside a competitive salary, we offer an excellent benefits package including:
- 28 Days Holiday plus bank holidays
- Generous Employer-Contribution Pension Scheme,
- Free Travel on rail and buses with the M-Card,
- Flexible Working Practises with Health & Wellbeing initiatives to ensure you achieve the best work/life balance and career goals.
To submit your application online please visit http://www.westyorks-ca.gov.uk/jobs/ by 11:55pm on 2 August 2020.
You are required to submit a CV and a covering letter that:
- describes how your skills, knowledge, experience and achievements meet the requirements of the role profile
- set out what you believe to be the key functions of the role you are applying for and how you would go about meeting them
For an informal chat about this role please contact Javid Daji on 0113 251 7266. For more information about the work of the Combined Authority, please visit www.westyorks-ca.gov.uk
Applicants with a disability are guaranteed an interview, subject to the minimum criteria being met.
We want you to feel confident that we are the right fit for you. Colleagues have provided written case studies to provide an insight into their professional background and day-to-day responsibilities, which can be found on here.
The Combined Authority’s aim is to attract people from diverse backgrounds to build on our inclusive culture. We welcome applications from everyone regardless of age, race, gender, religion or beliefs, disability, gender identity or sexual orientation.
We are committed to inclusivity and will consider requests for flexible working including part time and job share arrangements.
Candidates will be notified of invitation to interview by e-mail and interviews will be carried out either by phone or video interview.
Please note that whilst it is our policy to recruit at SP1 for all appointments, each role includes career salary progression, with incremental increases applicable in most cases, on an annual basis. The annual pay award for the financial year 2020/21 is still pending and could result in a positive change to the salary brackets.
Given the high volumes of applications we receive we are unable to respond to every applicant, therefore if you have not heard from us within four weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application has not been successful on this occasion.
Candidate information will be retained by the Combined Authority for six months unless you make a request for this to be deleted.
02 August 2020, 11:55 PM
This vacancy is closed to applications.