Community and Environmental Support Officer – 7 Jobs
£19,554 - £21,166
Community and Environmental Support Officers have one of two main focuses; Community Safety or Environmental. All of these current vacancies will be the Environmental Focus - please refer to the attached Job Profile for the Community and Environmental Support Officer along with the Focus Sheet for Environmental.
You will be doing light maintenance work including removal of graffiti, dealing with overhanging vegetation and removal of unlawful signage or littering and small scale on-street maintenance. You will also be dealing with some Highways reactive work.
You will work as part of a team tackling personal, nuisance and environmental anti-social behaviour to improve the quality of life for all across Kirklees. You will provide a high profile on-street presence to support national and local agendas to create safer communities. You will engage with individuals, groups and communities and undertake environmental improvement work.
You will enjoy working in the outdoors and meeting a range of people from different backgrounds. You will have an eye for detail and will be able to spots the signs early, where things are not working so well in a community or neighbourhood and you will know where to report it. You will have excellent communication skills with previous experience of multi-agency and partnership working to solve problems and achieve shared outcomes.
Requirements for this job:
- Experience of working in a public environment, with direct contact with customers and staff.
- Demonstrate the ability to organise and prioritise allocated tasks, work unaccompanied and with the minimum of supervision.
- An understanding of the issues affecting local communities and the ability to use this in engaging / supporting communities.
- Numeracy and literacy skills to be able to produce and maintain records and computer skills to produce accurate reports.
- Flexible approach to working arrangements and willingness to work evenings, weekends and Public Holidays.
- Ability to work outside in all weathers.
- The nature of this role requires you be physically fit, having the ability walk distances, bend and lift and undertake a medical examination and any other medical screening required.
- Hold a full driving licence in order to drive appropriate vehicles i.e. 4 x 4 or council van and have ability and flexibility to travel to various locations in order to carry out the duties of the job.
02 August 2020, 11:55 PM
This vacancy is closed to applications.