Housing Assistant - Customer Support & Information
£19,554 - £21,166
KNH are looking to recruit professional individuals who have an excellent telephone manner, along with outstanding customer service skills, with the ability to deal with challenging situations, to work as Housing Assistants in our Support & Information Team.
As a forward-thinking organisation, we are planning ahead in order to ensure we can continue to deliver an excellent service to our customers. We are looking at a rolling recruitment programme, where individuals who have been successful as part of our rigorous recruitment process, are ready to join this great team when both full and part-time posts become available in the future.
Kirklees Neighbourhood Housing (KNH) currently manages 22,000 homes for Kirklees Council. Working with our communities it is our vision to provide, ‘Quality Homes and Services in successful communities’. We take our vision seriously and work hard to achieve this.
You will be the first point of contact for our customers, dealing with a wide range of enquires predominantly over the telephone. You will join a well-established team, and contribute towards delivering an excellent customer focussed service.
As a Housing Assistant you will:
- Provide support to customers by dealing with customer enquiries
- Resolve issues at first point of contact where possible
- Signpost customers for advice and action where necessary
- Deal confidently and calmly with face to face and telephone enquiries from customers, ensuring you are professional at all times
- Use the in-house electronic housing management system to effectively record all contacts with customers and relevant details to enable effective data management and reporting
To do this role you will need:
- Minimal GCSE grade 4 (c ), or equivalent qualification in maths and English
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to organise and prioritise own workload
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to cope with a range of challenging situations and be resilient to the pressures of the role
- Previous experience of working in a customer service environment
- A good level of computer literacy
In addition to joining a great team, you will receive the following:
- A competitive salary of between £19,554 - £21,166 (pro-rata for part-time)
- Entry into the Local Government Pension Scheme, including Life Assurance.
- Generous holiday entitlement of 27.5 days annual leave, increasing to 32.5 days with continuous service, plus bank holidays.
- Flexible working
- Access to a range of well-being support initiatives including but not limited to: an Employee Assistance programme, Healthy Eating Active Lifestyle assessments, Cycle to Work programme and discounted KAL gym membership.
Interviews are expected to take place: Week commencing 7th September 2020.
KNH is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. As an organisation we are committed to Equality, Diversity & Inclusion and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
17 August 2020, 11:55 PM