Driver/Handyperson North Kirklees Learning Disabilities Services
Working hours are 8am - 10am and 3pm - 5pm Monday to Friday
North Kirklees Day Opportunities is for Adults who have a learning disability and who may have additional physical disabilities too. We have six bases where we provide support for over eighty people every day to enable them to maintain and improve their independence skills, make new friends and to find activities in the community that they would like to access as well as having activities in the bases.
As a driver, you will be required to:
- Assist when required to ensure the safe transfer of passengers to and from the vehicle at their destination and/or home.
Ensure that wheelchairs are clamped safely and people secured in their seats in accordance with the Code of Practice.
Liaise with the Manager regarding daily pick-ups and routes to be travelled and advise of any concerns and difficulties.
Please note that you may be transporting service users by yourself.
Requirements for this job:
- You must hold a full and valid driving licence - with category D1. You must also be willing to undertake and pass the Kirklees Council driving test and travel between sites using a Council vehicle.
- Experience of home and outdoor maintenance.
- Knowledge of basic maintenance e.g. working with electrical appliances.
- Understanding of basic gardening.
09 August 2020, 11:55 PM