Job Coach - 2 Jobs
£24,799 - £26,317
This is a new and exciting role that has been created within the Council working in Project SEARCH. This is an international project that works within business settings supporting individuals with Learning Disabilities in internships.
The Job Coach’s focus will be to support the interns into employment opportunities, tailoring a bespoke learning journey and multiple workplace experiences, which fit the intern’s skills, aspirations and choices. The role will require an understanding of the assessment processes, pathways, and support services and working collaboratively with education providers and businesses.
As part of the REAL Employment Team you will contribute to the shared outcomes, developed alongside our partners and businesses, advocating the needs and voice of interns, where appropriate.
Requirements for this job:
- A relevant qualification, degree, vocational qualification or equivalent experience in Supported Employment.
- Knowledge of REAL employment and how it functions and the routes into, and the opportunities available to vulnerable adults.
- Experience of working in a role that promotes employment and being solution focused.
- Ability to communicate effectively both written, presentations and verbally, including influencing and negotiation skills to build effective relationships with agencies and employers
- Have the ability to work effectively on own initiative, with minimal supervision.
You will be required to work flexible hours, including occasional evenings and weekends and you may also be required to travel to various locations in order to carry out the duties of the job.
09 August 2020, 11:55 PM