Asset Maintenance/Condition Officer (Asbestos)
£36,876 - £38,813
At Kirklees we want to be innovative and creative in the way we work to deliver our services to our communities. Working as the Asset Maintenance/Condition Officer (Asbestos), you will be responsible for the delivery of our asbestos management requirements, striving to achieve a key part of the Council’s vision – “people enjoy better health throughout their lives”
Working with colleagues, partners and external consultants, you will ensure that a high quality, customer focused, and efficient asbestos management function is delivered. You will take responsibility for both strategic and operational matters relating to asbestos consultancy within the Capital Delivery and Facilities Management (CD&FM) service.
Responsibilities will extend within a matrix arrangement and the post holder will ensure a joined-up response to complex problems that may cut across the Capital Delivery & Facilities Management service, as well as other services/directorates.
The core responsibilities of the post include
- Leading the Kirklees Council asbestos management team
- Management of the Kirklees Council asbestos consultancy framework
- Responsible for maintaining the standing list of asbestos removal contactors
- Responsibility for maintaining asbestos registers and risk logs
- Proactive programming of asbestos surveys and re-inspections
- Working as a member of multi-disciplinary design teams delivering asbestos requirements for capital/revenue investment projects
- Provision of competent advice and support in relation to asbestos consultancy and removal to the CD&FM team and the Council more widely
Extensive experience in asbestos management and framework/contractor management is essential for this role.
For more information about this job please contact: Chris Watson on 07976 497783 or firstname.lastname@example.org
In order to be shortlisted for this job you need to demonstrate in your application how you meet the ‘Essential’ criteria as outlined on the Job Profile. CV’s will not be accepted.
31 August 2020, 12:00 PM