Print Production Officer - INTERNAL
£19,554 - £21,166
This job is internally restricted. To apply for this job you must be an employee of the Council for the duration of the recruitment process – up to and including the start date. You must also be a substantive employee (or an employee with 12 months continuous service or more) of the Council or an Apprentice. Please note that if you work for an Academy you are not an employee of the Council.
You will work as part of the Document Solutions team helping us to deliver digital services as part of the IT job family, which is a key role in supporting our teams to deliver high quality print, mail and electronic communication services. You will be responsible for the design, scheduling, printing and production of large volumes of printed and electronic media
Your main duties may include:
- Provide pre-press services including design work using Adobe Creative Suite or similar products, workflow and order management systems, and file based data processing and manipulation such as comma separated data.
- Provide print production services such as digital print, wide format print and electronic production
- Ensure digital workflow services are effectively designed and delivered around customer needs.
- Ensure materials are produced and finished to the required specification and to the highest appropriate quality possible in a consistent and timely manner.
- Provide excellent customer service and advice on behalf of the service, providing constructive feedback to your manager in order to resolve service issues.
- Provide preparation and production of documents using folding, inserting, sealing, binding and cutting machines and other finishing equipment.
- General administrative duties as required.
It is essential that you are familiar with computer packages using print and design software such as Adobe Creative Suite, Planet Press or similar. Demonstrate an understanding of various print technologies such as litho, ink jet and digital print and ability to operate one or more of these technologies. Demonstrate an understanding of various finishing technologies such as mail inserting, binding, stitching or guillotines and ability to operate one or more of these technologies. You should also have a level of literacy and numeracy to be able to produce routine documentation and statistical information.
In order to be short-listed for this job please demonstrate how you meet the Person Checklist as detailed on the attached Job Profile.
Closing Date: 14-8-2020
14 August 2020, 11:55 PM