Business Support Officer - Virtual School
The Children and Families Directorate is working with partners and stakeholders to implement significant changes in the way in which we organise and deliver services to improve the lives of children and young people and their families within Kirklees.
Within the Learning and Early Support section of Children and Families the Virtual School:
- Provides direct support for Looked after Children in order to maximise their opportunity to achieve academic success
- Facilitates access to extended learning opportunities for Looked after Children
- Provides support, advice and training for schools, carers and social workers
- Monitors the attendance and academic progress of all Kirklees Looked after Children
The post holder will be responsible to the Virtual School Data Manager
- General administrative duties including telephone calls and post.
- Data processing (input and retrieval), including service based IT systems – the accuracy of this data is essential with a specific focus on ePEP (our on line PEP system used by the Virtual School).
- Produce routine statistical information and management information both in ePEP and spreadsheets and ensuring reliable data regarding children in care is collated and available for reporting.
- Maintain the ePEP system and Virtual School database on a daily basis.
- Respond to ePEP queries daily.
- Complex and specialist word processing of reports for the Virtual School Headteacher.
- Specialist and technical administrative support including data analysis using excel, producing summary tables and graphs.
- Arrange meetings, take minutes and produce appropriate documentation.
- Information and record management as directed.
- Responding to complex enquiries, both by email and telephone.
- Processing and accounting for cash, cheques, and Pupil Premium SAP payments.
- Maintain and Issue Stationery Stock Items.
Please read the attached Day In The Life for more details about this job.
11 August 2020, 11:55 PM