Assistant Caretaker - All Saints Catholic College
We are looking to recruit an Assistant Caretaker to provide a professional caretaking service to the school.
The successful candidate will be energetic, enthusiastic, reliable, and self-motivated. The role will involve a range of general tasks including buildings/grounds maintenance and cleaning, painting, porterage, security, liaison with contractors and suppliers and maintaining health and safety procedures.
We are looking for someone who is:
- Friendly, approachable and a team player
- A good communicator who is able to liaise effectively with a range of people including governors, staff, children, parents and visitors
- Able to take pride in the appearance and condition of our school, both internally and externally
- Able to respond to incidents around the school such as clearing up spillages, unblocking toilets etc
- Excellent at DIY and general maintenance
- Experienced and knowledgeable about health and safety regulations and procedures or willing to undertake training
- Flexible and adaptable as we may wish to call on you for additional hours to cover holidays and general absence
- Self-motivated, organised, and able to manage own workload
All Saints is an 11-16 school, situated near the northern boundary of Kirklees. We are a Catholic school with students attending from diverse cultural backgrounds, which contribute to the distinctive ethos. In July 2017, Ofsted judged All Saints “Good” in every category and “Outstanding” in terms of our recent S48 inspection by the Diocese of Leeds in June 2018.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join our College making substantial progress under current leadership. In turn, we are looking for a candidate committed to playing a part in transforming the lives of our young people.
At All Saints Catholic College, we aim to create a happy workplace culture through promoting a healthy work/life balance. We do that by providing a package of flexible employee benefits, including:
- An attractive pension scheme for both Teaching and Support staff.
- A high-quality wellbeing package including medical cover, counselling, physiotherapy, fast track medical cover, care service and a 24-hour GP helpline.
- Kirklees Employee Health Care, which also includes wellbeing support, physiotherapy.
- Care First Advice - a 24/7 information and counselling service.
- We are part of the Cycle to Work scheme. Tax free bikes and safety equipment can be payable by payroll deduction through a partnership with Cyclescheme.
Applications are invited from enthusiastic and highly motivated individuals who are able to work as part of the whole staff team.
An Application Form and further information can be downloaded via our website www.aschc.com
Completed Application and Disclosure Forms should be returned to Miss C Taylor at email@example.com
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All staff are subject to an enhanced DBS check. A conviction may not exclude candidates from appointment but will be considered as part of the recruitment process.
Due to the number of application forms we receive, we regret we can only contact the shortlisted candidates.
10 August 2020, 10:00 AM
This vacancy is closed to applications.