Advanced Business Support Officer - Finance - All Saints Catholic High School
This job is temporary pending a service review and is not expected to go beyond 30 September 2021
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a dynamic and driven Senior Business Support Officer to lead the finance team in running an efficient and effective financial service at All Saints.
- Assist the SBM with preparation of annual budgets
- Maintain and manage the accounting systems, FMS and Money Manager
- Authorise orders and payments including those made via credit card or direct bank transfer
- Maintaining oversight of school bank account(s), ParentPay and cash flow, and ensuring monthly reconciliations are carried out
- Prepare monthly management account returns to the LA in liaison with the SBM
- Ensure VAT is recorded accurately and claimed on a regular monthly basis, authorising each claim
- Ensure monthly SAP reports from the LA are correct
- Propose revisions to the budget in response to significant or unforeseen developments
- Monitor all financial transactions and ensure best value and practice
- Manage school asset register
- Seek and apply for additional funding via bid writing
- Line manage the finance team
The post holder will ensure all systems are effective and lead the management of the College's finances and finance staff. The Finance Manager will work with the Principal and the Business Manager to ensure that resources are used effectively to support the College’s vision and objectives. The successful candidate will be fully supported by the Business Manager and must have excellent knowledge of Excel, be self-motivated and be able to prioritise their workload. An understanding of FMS, Money Manager, Income Generation and ParentPay would be advantageous.
All Saints is an 11-16 school, situated near the northern boundary of Kirklees. We are a Catholic school with students attending from diverse cultural backgrounds, which contribute to the distinctive ethos. In July 2017, Ofsted judged All Saints “Good” in every category and “Outstanding” in terms of our recent S48 inspection by the Diocese of Leeds in June 2018.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join our College making substantial progress under current leadership. In turn, we are looking for a candidate committed to playing a part in transforming the lives of our young people.
At All Saints Catholic College, we aim to create a happy workplace culture through promoting a healthy work/life balance. We do that by providing a package of flexible employee benefits, including:
- An attractive pension scheme for both Teaching and Support staff.
- A high-quality wellbeing package including medical cover, counselling, physiotherapy, fast track medical cover, care service and a 24-hour GP helpline.
- Kirklees Employee Health Care, which also includes wellbeing support, physiotherapy.
- Care First Advice - a 24/7 information and counselling service.
- We are part of the Cycle to Work scheme. Tax free bikes and safety equipment can be payable by payroll deduction through a partnership with Cyclescheme.
Applications are invited from enthusiastic and highly motivated individuals who are able to work as part of the whole staff team.
An Application Form and further information can be downloaded via our website www.aschc.com
Completed Application and Disclosure Forms should be returned to Miss C Taylor at email@example.com
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All staff are subject to an enhanced DBS check. A conviction may not exclude candidates from appointment but will be considered as part of the recruitment process.
Due to the number of application forms we receive, we regret we can only contact the shortlisted candidates.
01 September 2020, 10:00 AM