Business Support Officer - Building Control
£19,650 - £20,043
Place of Work: Flint Street, Fartown, Huddersfield - currently working from home
You will be part of a small team providing business and administrative support in the Planning and Building Control Team
You will be based in one location but may have to travel to attend meetings and provide admin support across the Environment and Climate Change Directorate.
Duties may include:
- Specialist word processing
- Specialist IT administration
- Arrange meetings and take minutes as appropriate
- Data processing (input and retrieval) – including service-based IT systems
- Information and records management as directed
- Responding to non-routine enquiries/complaints, signposting as required
- General administrative duties as required
- Taking payments by phone using the Paye.Net system
- Logging calls and emails from customers then allocating to Officers
It is essential that you have a flexible and ‘can do’ attitude, possess excellent customer care skills and good IT skills and that you are familiar with a variety of computer packages in particular Microsoft Office and that you are able to demonstrate business and administrative skills to NVQ level 2.
Please refer to the Day in The Life documents for further information.
In order to be shortlisted for this job please answer the questions below:
- Please describe a time when you have worked within a demanding role, or have been in a situation where there have had multiple demands on your time.
- Please outline the IT software and systems you have experience of and give examples of the types of activities you have undertaken using these systems.
- Please outline how you approach a task to be completed and the skills that you used.
- This role needs you to communicate with different departments at different levels, please outline your strengths in this area with supporting examples.
Our employees are at the very heart of the services we provide to the community, to help us achieve our ambitions, we want the best possible team. In return, we will make sure you are rewarded with a great range of staff benefits to support you in and out of work.
04 October 2022, 11:55 PM
This vacancy is closed to applications.