Social Worker - Duty Front Door
We adopt a ‘name blind’ approach to shortlisting. Recruiting managers will not have access to personal information, including your name and contact details, until a shortlisting decision has been made - please note that this also includes any CV uploaded. Equality monitoring information is not accessible by recruiting managers at any stage.
Adults & Health
Adults Social Care Operation
£31,895 - £34,373
You will be entitled to a retention payment of £1500 per year which will be spilt into two payments, in December and June. You become eligible for the payment after 6 months employment and successful completion of your probationary period.
We are looking to appoint an experienced social worker at grade 10 (£31,895 - £34,373).
This role will be in an Adult Duty Social Work Team.
- We are looking for creative and innovative assessors who can be flexible and adapt to changing situations.
- You will be working closely with colleagues and Managers from a range of other teams and services.
- You will be a point of support, advice and guidance to ensure that referrals are processed to the right place /team appropriately.
- You will be responsible for dealing with urgent and crisis situations in a timely way and with tasks which mean that the Wellbeing Community Hubs and the All Age Disability Teams are receiving referrals that are in line with their statutory duties.
- The environment is fast paced and is continuously developing.
- Change management skills are vital to ensure that changes are embraced positively by everyone in the team, whilst fostering a creative ethos to guarantee vulnerable adults are supported with care that is individual to them. You will adopt an enabling approach and appropriate levels of intervention to facilitate and maximise people’s independence and positive risk taking as far as possible.
- There is an expectation that the duty team will continue to work in a mobile and agile way, with the expectation that home visits will be undertaken where necessary.
This job is subject to a DBS check at the appropriate level, please refer to the Job Description/Profile. A conviction may not exclude candidates from appointment but will be considered as part of the recruitment process.
We know there’s a wealth of talent among people who have a disability and we encourage applications from people with all differing abilities. So, if you need any support completing an application form, or any other format for the application or Job Description please contact the Recruitment Team for help by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: 01484 221000 and ask for ‘Recruitment’.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable adults and children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
10 October 2022, 11:55 PM
This vacancy is closed to applications.