Pastoral Manager - Oak CE (VC) Primary School
Pastoral Manager- Advanced Educational Teaching Assistant – Behaviour Support
Oak CE (VC) Primary School is an ambitious, inclusive multi-cultural and caring two form entry school. The aspiration for this Church of England school is to develop a rich culture for learning from an early age.
We aspire to be a school that enables children to grow into responsible, respectful, successful and confident citizens. We want learning in our school community to be in positive pursuit of excellence for everyone, every day.
The staff and pupils are seeking to appoint an innovative, skilled and enthusiastic Pastoral Manager, to join our team of committed and talented staff. The successful candidates will work as part of our Pastoral Wellbeing team supporting our children across the school.
We are looking for someone who works restoratively and:
- Has high expectations of what children can achieve supported by a trauma informed subject knowledge to help understand, inspire and enable children to thrive.
- Has the skills to meet the needs of individuals and the ability to work with children exhibiting SEMH behaviours.
- Is experienced in using emotion coaching strategies to support school.
- Is dedicated, energetic and proactive, with the vision and motivation to inspire others.
- Is empathetic, nurturing and understands the whole child.
- Will share good pastoral practice with colleagues and engage in reflective dialogue
- Will share an understanding of pupils and strategies to manage behaviour difficulties
- Will support the development of a whole school restorative approach to behaviour management.
- Will build strong partnerships with parents
- Will act as one of our Safeguarding Leads, dealing with sensitive and confidential information.
- Will support with the management of the lunchtimes and the reflection room
- Is committed to helping us nurture excellence and drive our school forward.
- Will support partnerships with pupils, staff, parents, and the community.
- Is creative in their approach to children's learning and emotional resilience.
We can offer you:
- A happy inclusive school which serves a community of diverse cultures & languages.
- A community where every voice is heard and listened to.
- Enthusiastic, co-operative, happy children.
- A friendly experienced and supportive team of staff.
- Professional development opportunities.
- The school subscribes to Kirklees Employee Health services which includes packages from Care First and other occupational health and wellbeing services as and when required.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff are subject to an enhanced DBS check. A conviction may not exclude candidates from appointment but will be considered as part of the recruitment process.
Visits to the school are encouraged and warmly welcomed. If you require further information about the role or to arrange a visit, please contact the school on telephone: 01484 977211 or you can visit the school website at www.oakprimary.co.uk
To apply for this job, please download and complete the application form attached.
Application forms should be returned to Mrs Sarah Wilson (Acting Headteacher by post of email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for all applications is 12 noon on Friday 7th October. It is likely that interviews will take place the week commencing 10th October 2022
07 October 2022, 12:00 PM
This vacancy is closed to applications.