Educational Teaching Assistant (SEN) - Spring Grove Junior Infant and Nursery School
Spring Grove School is an outstanding multi-cultural school that lies at the heart of a supportive and diverse community in central Huddersfield.
Our colleagues are an integral part of our organisation and help to contribute towards our goal to continually improve outcomes for our children.
A recent review of our SEN commitment has led to the creation of new TA roles across school that will be dedicated to the successful delivery of EHCP’s and MSP’s for individual children.
This will initially be a fixed contract but may be extended dependant on funding.
Duties will include:
- Work under guidance of the SENCO and the class teacher to plan and deliver activities to meet children’s needs
- One to one and/or small group support for children with complex needs across school
- Personal and intimate care for small numbers of children
- Ensuring all such children can access the curriculum
- Implementing Behaviour Plans, IEP’s, MSP’s and EHCP’s
- Contributing to Plan reviews and evaluations
You will need to have the following experience/attributes:
- Have an understanding of how children learn and be committed to inclusion and inclusive practises
- Understand the rewards, demands and challenges of working with children with additional needs
- Be flexible and prepared to adapt to the changing needs of the school
- Be an excellent role model
In return we can offer you a warm and welcoming school community, with a firm set of values embedded in everything we do:
- Respect for each other;
- Aspire to be the best we can be;
- Confidence and resilience in everything we do.
If your values match ours, and you think you have the skills we are looking for, then please do apply.
Application forms should be returned by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews will be held on Tuesday 11th October.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff are subject to an enhanced DBS check. A conviction may not exclude candidates from appointment but will be considered as part of the recruitment process.
07 October 2022, 12:00 PM
This vacancy is closed to applications.