Bi-Lingual Support Worker (Arabic and English or Kurdish Sorani and English)
As a Bi-lingual Support Worker you will work as part of a team to support children, young people and their families who are International New Arrivals [INA) which include asylum seekers, refugees and economic migrants, and children missing in education who have arrived in to Kirklees and require educational provision.
The Bi-lingual Support Workers will work in partnership with other services e.g. Schools, Early support, C & K Careers, housing, health and the voluntary sector to develop and extend effective home school liaison and positively impact on family integration, well-being, school attendance and pupil attainment.
You will need:
- Fluency in the language spoken by the target clientele.
- Experience of working positively with children and families.
- Knowledge and understanding of the process of language acquisition.
- Knowledge and understanding of child development.
- Awareness of the many difficulties present in the daily life of some INA families and how these can negatively contribute to their children achieving and sustaining school attendance.
- Good communication skills both written and verbal in English.
- Knowledge and understanding of Primary/Secondary School curriculum.
- Experience of working in partnership with other agencies e.g. Early Support, Social Care, schools, health, housing
Please contact Kathryn Howard on 01484 221000 or e-mail email@example.com for further information about this job.
12 October 2020, 11:55 PM
This vacancy is closed to applications.