Animal Welfare Officer
£25,481 - £27,041
Kirklees Council has an excellent opportunity for somebody to join its dynamic Environmental Health Team based at Flint Street, Fartown, Huddersfield undertaking animal licensing inspections and welfare interventions through the application of animal licensing.
Working within Environmental Health, the role is responsible for the application and enforcement of the Animal Welfare (licensing of Activities involving Animals) (England) Regulations and associated guidance. The role requires working closely with all other functions of the Environmental Health, in particular the Animal Health team to ensure the health and welfare of animals in Kirklees.
The job will involve:
- Proactive licensing inspection at establishments to ensure compliance with the Animal Welfare (licensing of Activities involving Animals) (England) Regulations.
- Investigation of complaints concerning animal licencing and animal welfare.
- Participation and close working with the West Yorkshire regional animal licensing group
- Working closely with the animal health team to provide consistency in animal welfare and the application of the Animal Welfare Act.
- Proactive work within other remits of Environmental Health which may include working nights and weekends.
- Travel is an essential part of this job and therefore it would be extremely difficult for you to do your job effectively if you did not use a car for all or most of the time. It is essential that you hold a full and valid driving licence and it is expected that you will either use a council vehicle or your own car
If you have any enquires about this role, please contact recruiting manager James Kaye on 01484221000.
18 October 2020, 11:55 PM
This vacancy is closed to applications.