Business Support Manager - Locality HUBS
£25,481 - £27,041
This job is based in Community Plus Service which provides a number of community based approaches to reduce, prevent and delay the need for statutory services i.e. Adult and Children’s Social Care and Health. Currently there are three significant services under the Community Plus umbrella; Community Plus, Local Area Coordination and the Wellness service. The work is fast paced, innovative and requires enthusiasm and flexible ways of working. No one day will be the same. All of the work is an integral part of the council wide Early Intervention and Prevention programme.
Kirklees Council has a number of initiatives within this community based approach both within the Community Plus umbrella as well as ensuring there is productive alignment and close working relationships to a number of wider community capacity and development programmes i.e.
Community Safety and Cohesion, Democracy and Citizenship Programmes, third and private sector.
The work is transformational not only in its innovative approaches but also in forging ahead with developing new relationships with communities and individuals to develop self-efficacy also ensuring where required individuals receive the right amount of support at the right time without creating dependency. The central belief of our service is that people themselves are the best and most effective assets in managing and maintaining their health and wellbeing.
To make the approach in Kirklees as successful as possible and to deliver sustainable benefits, Community Plus is recruiting a key member of its management team. As a key member of the team you will undertake a range of duties and have skills that will include:
- Provide efficient administrative support to the Head of Service and Early Intervention and Prevention Managers, the Business Support Manager being integral to service delivery outcomes.
- Administrative support to the Collaborative Community Plus Board and Wellness Implementation Group.
- Prepare and initiate meetings and events in advance, in a timely and accurate way. There will be a requirement to co-ordinate actions and outcomes from these meetings, ensuring they are monitored and delivered effectively.
- Develop and implement complex monitoring and recording systems across all services supporting the demonstration of impact
- Respond to complex enquiries from a wide range of partners and all staff within the service.
- Lead on projects and provide project support, including research and collating relevant information.
- Plan work to meet targets, all standards and deadlines.
- Work proactively as a member of the Management team to achieve agreed objectives, at times leading these objectives, in addition to offering support and assistance to colleagues as required.
- Use IT appropriately and effectively to improve efficiencies and ensure information management is secure and fit for purpose.
- Deal with financial information accurately and effectively in accordance with Council procedures, dealing with discrepancies in appropriate manner.
- Ensure customers and colleagues receive an excellent service, including those who may be upset and/or present challenging behaviour, through the provision of detailed advice or taking action where appropriate.
- Analyse and produce accurate performance management information to enable service outcomes to be achieved.
- Monitor and implement new quality assurance systems across a variety of services across the service
- Effectively administer the new community investment fund on behalf of the service
- Flexibility around working hours, plus working across localities will be crucial in this demanding role, which requires a high level of commitment to support the service.
- This role will potentially include line management in the future as the service expands.
- Develop lean and efficient systems across all service activities, working alongside service managers.
- Provide a high level and confidential Business Support service to the Head of Service.
- Excellent organisational skills, re-evaluating priorities as and when required.
25 October 2020, 11:55 PM