KS1 Teacher x 2
KIRKLEES COUNCIL OFFER THIS ROLE ON BEHALF OF GREETLAND ACADEMY
2 x Temporary One Year Contracts – KS1 teaching positions available from January 2021 (earlier start may be possible)
at The Greetland Academy
Why should you come and join our team?
Let the children tell you…
“The children are kind and will listen to you.” (Poppy age 4)
“We always have fun learning.” (Emilia age 4)
“I love coming to school as it’s exciting and the teachers are funny.” (Gilligan age 5)
“The teachers are my friends.” (Rosie age 6)
The Greetland Academy’s promise to our children is that we will attract, retain and develop excellent staff and so the personal welfare and professional development of staff is paramount to us. We believe that our team should be at the heart of our vision and that we should use their talents to achieve our goals: you could be an integral part of this team.
We require two inspirational teachers to join our friendly and supportive team in January. Our school is a creative and happy place, where everyone is valued. We pride ourselves on our family feel and warm, nurturing environment - enabling pupils to become polite, courteous individuals with strong moral understanding who all achieve to the best of their abilities.
* be a great class teacher
* be able to promote independent learning in pupils who are ambitious and embrace challenge
* have a clear understanding of the ways in which children learn and a range of effective teaching styles which meet the children's individual needs
* be a well organised and an effective communicator who can work as part of a team
* be confident in your ability and work with initiative
* be able to smile a lot and model high expectations of yourself and others
* be caring, friendly, adaptable and hardworking
In return we offer the successful applicant:
* wonderful children with a desire to learn
* a calm, caring environment where children are well-behaved
* a highly skilled, loyal and supportive team of staff and senior leaders
* bespoke professional development to ensure that you as an employee, ‘reach great heights’
* a wealth of career development opportunities supported by our range of designations: our SCITT, Teaching School, Research School and English Hub
* a school and Multi-academy trust focussed on reducing teacher workload
* a supportive and experienced MAT team
* supportive and proactive parents who will work with you to make sure their children succeed
We welcome applications from experienced teachers, as well as NQTs with a strong track record and proven capacity for development and growth. We are also interested to hear what additional skills and specialisms you can bring to our school be it a specific subject specialism, year group specialism or talent that would further enhance the provision for our children.
Great Heights Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. Applicants to posts that are exempted from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act will require a DBS (formerly CRB) from the Disclosure and Barring Service, the appropriate pre-employment checks that will include references from previous employers, confirmation of the right to work in the UK before the appointment is confirmed.
For further information about The Greetland Academy and the Trust and for an application pack please visit our website: http://www.beechhillschool.co.uk/ https://rghmat.org.uk/calderdale/primary/rghmat
Please return your completed application form by email to Jayne Firth: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: Monday 19th October at 10.00 a.m.
Interviews will follow at the earliest opportunity
During COVID 19 it is not possible to arrange visits to the school, however if you would like further information about the post please contact Helen Crowther email@example.com
19 October 2020, 10:00 AM
This vacancy is closed to applications.