Business Practice Manager - West Yorkshire Combined Authority
Kirklees Council are advertising this role on behalf of West Yorkshire Combined Authority.
We are seeking to appoint a Business Practice Manager to support our Legal and Governance Services team. This is a new role within the team and we are looking for a proactive and motivated candidate who can demonstrate a strong track record of delivering on key areas of the role and an ability to build strong working relationships across the Service and the Authority.
It is an exciting time to be joining the Combined Authority, following the announcement that a £1.8bn devolution deal has been secured for West Yorkshire. Devolution will enable us to drive up living standards for local communities while tackling the climate emergency and help deliver our commitment to become a net zero carbon city region by 2038.
Reporting into the Head of Legal and Governance Services, your key responsibilities will include:
- responsibility for the contract administration and management of all Frameworks and Contracts of Legal and Governance Services, which will require you to work closely with lawyers and client officers to facilitate the efficient externalisation of legal work.
- supporting the Head of Legal and Governance Services in business management across Legal and Governance Services.
- responsibility for ensuring that the overall management and business systems are fully effective in delivering cost effective legal services to the Combined Authority and that that there is a strategy for future performance, including ensuring compliance by the team with external and internal requirements including information governance.
You will have the following key skills, attributes and experience but not be limited to:
- Experience of developing and embedding best practice, innovation and continuous improvement in the delivery of a legal service.
- Experience of the management of external contracts for the provision of legal services and legal support services.
- Knowledge and experience of legal case management systems, legal regulatory requirements and managed legal services.
Alongside a competitive salary, we offer an excellent benefits package including:
- 28 Days Holiday plus bank holidays
- Generous Employer-Contribution Pension Scheme,
- Free Travel on rail and buses with the M-Card,
- Flexible Working Practises with Health & Wellbeing initiatives to ensure you achieve the best work/life balance and career goals.
The Combined Authority’s aim is to attract people from diverse backgrounds to build on our inclusive culture. We welcome applications from everyone regardless of age, race, gender, religion or beliefs, disability, gender identity or sexual orientation.
Applicants with a disability are guaranteed an interview, subject to the minimum criteria being met.
We are committed to inclusivity and will consider requests for flexible working including part time and job share arrangements.
Candidates will be notified of invitation to interview by e-mail and interviews will be carried out either by phone or video interview.
Please note that whilst it is our policy to recruit at SP1 for all appointments, which is the salary stated above, each role includes career salary progression, with incremental increases applicable in most cases, on an annual basis. The annual pay award for the financial year 2020/21 is still pending and will be applied to our salary structure as appropriate once confirmed.
For further information about the role, please contact Caroline Allen, Head of Legal and Governance Services on Caroline.Allen@westyorks-ca.gov.uk
For more information and details of how to apply, please visit http://www.westyorks-ca.gov.uk/jobs
Given the high volumes of applications we receive we are unable to respond to every applicant, therefore if you have not heard from us within four weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application has not been successful on this occasion.
Candidate information will be retained by the Combined Authority for six months unless you make a request for this to be deleted.
19 October 2020, 11:55 PM
This vacancy is closed to applications.