Deputy Team Manager - Brokerage - Internal
£27,741 - £30,451
Internally restricted job. To apply for this job you must be an employee of the Council for the duration of the recruitment process – up to and including the start date. You must also be a substantive employee (or an employee with 12 months continuous service or more) of the Council or an Apprentice. Please note that if you work for an Academy you are not an employee of the Council.
£27,741 - £30,451 for 37 hours
The Brokerage team purchases domiciliary care from the independent sector. The team is responsible for the arrangement and commissioning of domiciliary care packages, from independent sector providers, to service users within their own homes to assist individuals to remain living independently in their own homes.
The primary focus of your role will be the day to day management of the Senior Brokers and Brokers, who are involved in brokering new Referrals as well as maintaining ongoing care packages via Support Planning, ensuring that you have an overview of the daily activities and can offer guidance and support to staff as necessary.
Requirements for this job:
- Knowledge of brokerage and contractual arrangements with the providers
- An understanding of the principles of ECM and to be able to manage and monitor financial processes
- An ability to lead and to take on a supervisory role
- Be able to respond appropriately to difficult situations
- Make day to day decisions in the Team Manager’s absence
- Health and safety in regard to self and team
- A good knowledge of IT systems, word applications
- Development of the service
- Excellent communication skills
Travel is an essential part of this job and therefore it would be extremely difficult for you to do your job effectively if you did not use a car for all or most of the time. It is essential that you hold a full and valid driving license and it is expected that you will either use a council vehicle or your own car (exceptions can be made for disabled applicants).
25 October 2020, 11:55 PM