Finance Officer (AAT/CIMA Higher Level Apprenticeship)
KIRKLEES COUNCIL OFFER THIS ROLE ON BEHALF OF GREENHEAD COLLEGE
Greenhead College is an outstandingly successful Sixth Form College with 2,500 16-19 year old students following advanced level courses. The College has a long history of exceptional examination results and sits near the top of the national sixth-form college performance tables, meaning it is one of the very best in the country.
Greenhead College is a great place to work, with a warm, friendly atmosphere between all staff and students. The staff are recognised for their hard work and the College offer a wide range of employee benefits such as, free onsite staff carpark, generous holiday entitlement, a significantly enhanced occupational pension scheme, free use of the College gym, cycle to work scheme, plus many more.
The post holder will be required to support the Director of Finance and Resources (DFR) by drafting for his approval documents that:
- Monitor the College budget so that monthly reports can be produced for the Senior Leadership Team and Governors.
- Ensure the College adheres to financial regulations and procedures regarding bank reconciliations, cash checks, payment runs, etc.
- Financial papers are prepared for Governors’ meetings.
- Financial data returns are produced, including:
- Financial statements
- Financial records
- The three-year financial plan.
- Ensure staff salary details and annual payroll preparations are updated and accurate (this will also involve liaison with the Human Resources Manager and Payroll Manager).
- Ensure the College’s financial regulations and procedures are updated and accurate.
Additionally, the post holder will:
- Prepare for financial audits.
- Liaise with Internal Auditors on financial audits and be involved with putting recommendations into practice.
- Assist the DFR in administering GDPR in college.
- Monitor budget holder expenditure.
- Process invoices and organise payments as appropriate.
- Manage the College’s online payment service ‘WisePay’ for school trips, staff and parental payments, etc.
- Manage the College’s petty cash, ensuring the safe receipt and handling of cash and the reconciliation of transactions.
- Undertake appropriate financial research and deliver where necessary on recommendations.
The successful post holder will be required to complete a Professional Diploma in Accounting (AAT/CIMA), which will cover higher accounting tasks including drafting financial statements, managing budgets and evaluating financial performance. A significant amount of on the job training will also be provided by the Director of Finance and Resources and the Finance and Payroll Manager. The College will cover the training fees and provide the post holder with one full day paid study time each week.
We are seeking a candidate who has a good level of basic education (at leave five GCSEs grade 5-9/A*-C) and has already completed, or is currently working towards, the AAT/CIMA level 3 qualification. Applicants should have some experience in a financial role and be ambitious to develop their skills, qualifications and experience further.
The full job description and person specification can be found on the Greenhead College website http://www.greenhead.ac.uk/vacancies2/39.html
If you are interested in this vacancy, please complete and submit the following documents:
- Greenhead College application form;
- A supporting letter of application indicating how you meet the criteria within the job description and person specification;
- Equality and Diversity form;
- Criminal Convictions form.
The closing date for applications is Friday 30 October 2020 and interviews will be held shortly after.
If you apply and are unsuccessful in being called to interview, can we thank you in advance for your time and trouble in making this application. Due to time constraints it would be impossible to respond to everyone individually - we hope that you will understand.
Greenhead College is committed to safeguarding the welfare of all of its students and staff. The successful candidate will have to meet the requirements of the person specification in order to be offered the post and will be subject to safer recruitment checks, including an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory references. Greenhead College is committed to Equality and Diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
30 October 2020, 10:00 AM