Health and Safety Partner - West Yorkshire Combined Authority
Kirklees Council are advertising this role on behalf of West Yorkshire Combined Authority.
West Yorkshire Combined Authority are seeking to appoint a Health and Safety Partner to join our Human Resources team.
We bring together local councils and businesses, through the Leeds City Region Enterprise Partnership (LEP) ensure that our work meets the needs of employers so that everyone in our region can benefit from economic prosperity supported by a modern, accessible transport network, housing and digital connections.
It is an exciting time to be joining the Combined Authority, following the announcement of a £1.8bn devolution deal that has been secured for West Yorkshire. Devolution will enable us to drive up living standards for local communities while tackling the climate emergency and help deliver our commitment to become a net zero carbon city region by 2038.
Reporting into the HR Operations Manager, your key responsibilities will include:
- To undertake the role of ‘Competent Person’, as defined by the Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999 for the Combined Authority
- Be the lead on Health and Safety and provide expert professional advice to the organisation and its managers, ensuring compliance with all legal and organisational requirements
- Ensure that relevant health and safety policies and procedures and an appropriate health and safety management system are in place and promote a culture of safe working practices across the organisation.
Please review the Role Profile provided on our website for more information about the responsibilities.
You will have the following key skills, attributes, education and experience:
- Educated to Degree level or equivalent demonstrable practical experience and qualifications and hold a NEBOSH Level 6 National Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety or equivalent (e.g. BSC Level 6 Diploma in Occupational Safety and Health or NVQ levels 4 and 5 in Occupational Health and Safety Practice).
- Be a Chartered Member of IOSH.
- Extensive experience of successfully performing in a similar role and extensive experience of managing and leading a health and safety function
- In-depth current and up to date knowledge of all aspects of UK health and safety law.
- Extensive experience of working with senior management teams and providing them with advice, guidance and robust challenge.
- Extensive experience of the development, delivery and roll out of H&S policies, procedure’s and associated documentation.
Alongside a competitive salary, we offer an excellent benefits package including:
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Generous employer contribution pension scheme
- Fully funded travel in West Yorkshire on bus and rail with the MCard
- Flexible working practises with Health and Wellbeing initiatives to ensure you achieve the best work/life balance and career goals.
If this sounds like your next role, please upload your CV to our online application form telling us why you would be a great fit for our role. Please visit https://www.westyorks-ca.gov.uk/a-career-with-us/ for more information and details of how to apply. Please apply by 11:55pm on Thursday 29 October 2020.
Applicants with a disability are guaranteed an interview, subject to the minimum criteria being met.
The Combined Authority’s aim is to attract people from diverse backgrounds to build on our inclusive culture and represent the communities we serve. We welcome applications from everyone regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
We are committed to inclusivity and will consider requests for flexible working including part time and job share arrangements.
Candidates will be notified of invitation to interview by e-mail and interviews will be carried out either by phone or video interview.
Please note that whilst it is our policy to recruit at SP1 for all appointments, which is the salary stated above, each role includes career salary progression, with incremental increases applicable in most cases, on an annual basis. The annual pay award for the financial year 2020/21 is still pending and will be applied to the salary structure as appropriate once confirmed.
Due to the high volumes of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to every applicant. If you have not heard from us within four weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Candidate information will be retained by the Combined Authority for six months unless you make a request for this to be deleted.
29 October 2020, 11:55 PM