Service Manager (Business Gateway) - West Yorkshire Combined Authority
Kirklees Council are advertising this role on behalf of West Yorkshire Combined Authority.
West Yorkshire Combined Authority is seeking to appoint a Service Manager (Business Gateway) to join our Business Support team.
We bring together local councils and businesses, through the Leeds City Region Enterprise Partnership (LEP) ensure that our work meets the needs of employers so that everyone in our region can benefit from economic prosperity supported by a modern, accessible transport network, housing and digital connections.
It is an exciting time to be joining the Combined Authority, following the announcement of a £1.8bn devolution deal that has been secured for West Yorkshire. Devolution will enable us to drive up living standards for local communities while tackling the climate emergency and help deliver our commitment to become a net zero carbon city region by 2038.
We have an opportunity for an exceptional person who wants to play a key role in reshaping our local economy through managing the Business Support Gateway service in the Leeds City Region. As small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) face unprecedented challenges, the Business Support Gateway helps them to access the range of support and funding that is crucial for resilience, recovery and future growth.
Reporting into the Senior Service Manager, key responsibilities include:
- Managing the Business Gateway service to support the growth of SMEs in Leeds City Region as part of the LEP Business Support Service.
- Line managing three Business Support Officers to ensure that the Gateway provides excellent customer service and maintains an in-depth understanding of business support in the region.
- Driving service improvement to ensure the Gateway meets the needs of SMEs including through the adoption of new technologies, events, and better use of business intelligence.
The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate the following key skills, attributes, and experience:
- Experience of working within a customer service environment and knowledge of customer service best practice.
- Practical experience of managing/delivering publicly funded business support projects
- The ability to work in partnership with public and private sector stakeholders.
For more information, please see detailed role profile on our website.
If you would like to discuss this opportunity in more detail, please contact Lorna Holroyd on firstname.lastname@example.org or 07973 980654.
For more information about the work of the Combined Authority please visit www.westyorks-ca.gov.uk
Please note – due to the current restrictions, interviews for this post will take place remotely using video conferencing.
Alongside a competitive salary, we offer an excellent benefits package including:
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays.
- Generous employer contribution pension scheme.
- Fully funded travel in West Yorkshire on bus and rail with the MCard.
- Flexible working practises with Health and Wellbeing initiatives to ensure you achieve the best work/life balance and career goals.
If this sounds like your next role, please upload your CV to our online application form telling us why you would be a great fit for our role. Please visit our website for more information and details of how to apply. The reference for this job is: Ref: ES/B28. Please apply by 11:55pm on Wednesday 28 October 2020.
Applicants with a disability are guaranteed an interview, subject to the minimum criteria being met.
The Combined Authority’s aim is to attract people from diverse backgrounds to build on our inclusive culture and represent the communities we serve. We welcome applications from everyone regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
We are committed to inclusivity and will consider requests for flexible working including part time and job share arrangements.
Candidates will be notified of invitation to interview by e-mail and interviews will be carried out either by phone or video interview.
Please note that whilst it is our policy to recruit at SP1 for all appointments, which is the salary stated above, each role includes career salary progression, with incremental increases applicable in most cases, on an annual basis. The annual pay award for the financial year 2020/21 is still pending and will be applied to the salary structure as appropriate once confirmed.
Due to the high volumes of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to every applicant. If you have not heard from us within four weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Candidate information will be retained by the Combined Authority for six months unless you make a request for this to be deleted.
28 October 2020, 11:55 PM