Educational Teaching Assistant - Golcar Junior, Infant and Nursery School
ASAP start and January 2021 start
2 positions available
1, TTO 15 hours per week fixed term
2, TTO 20 hours per week including a lunchtime supervision of the child
The 15 hour post is 8.30-11.30am initially (Covid 19 restrictions currently in place and times may alter in the future)
The 20 hour post is 9am-1pm initially (Covid 19 restrictions currently in place and times may alter in the future)
Golcar J I & N School is a popular school within the Colne Valley with 476 children currently on roll. We provide a positive, nurturing and inspiring learning environment where everyone is encouraged and supported to achieve their goals. Our children are keen to learn, are well behaved and want to achieve their best.
We are looking for a friendly, flexible and caring person to join our school, work as an Educational Teaching Assistant with an individual child. The posts are 15 hours and 20 hours and is fixed term subject to funding.
Experience of working with children in a school or early years environment and knowledge of the EYFS/National curriculum is essential. Experience of working with children with additional needs and an understanding of positive behavioural support approaches are also essential. Applications are invited from individuals who are enthusiastic, positive with good communication skills and able to work as part of a team to support children’s learning.
We can offer
- A welcoming, inclusive, caring school.
- A hard working and supportive staff team who are committed to high quality teaching and learning.
- A commitment to professional development.
- Enthusiastic pupils who are keen to learn.
- High standards and high expectations in every aspect of school life.
- An opportunity to make a difference to children’s lives and their families.
- A supportive and dedicated Governing Body.
- Parents / carers who are keen to work in partnership to raise standards.
- Support, guidance and management from the Headteacher and Early Years team
In return we are looking for:
- Commitment and enthusiasm to motivate children, practitioners and parents/carers to reach their full potential.
- Someone with experience of working with communication and language difficulties, challenging behaviour (De-escalation and Team Teach experience would be beneficial), developmental delay and SEMH
- Someone who has experience of engaging with practitioners and parents to support the child ECHP objectives and able to contribute to annual reviews and other relevant meetings
- Support for the vision, ethos and policies of the school and promote high levels of achievement;
- Someone who is passionate about children’s learning and welfare and with high expectations for all learners.
- A team player who can work alongside teaching staff to deliver positive outcomes for children.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff are subject to an enhanced DBS check. A conviction may not exclude candidates from appointment but will be considered as part of the recruitment process.
Closing Date: 26th October 2020
Interview date: W/c 2nd November 2020
26 October 2020, 12:00 PM