Senior Peripatetic Caretaker (INTERNAL)
£27,741 - £30,451
This job is internally restricted. To apply for this job you must be an employee of the Council for the duration of the recruitment process – up to and including the start date. You must also be a substantive employee (or an employee with 12 months continuous service or more) of the Council or an Apprentice. Please note that if you work for an Academy you are not an employee of the Council.
The Caretaking Service provides an essential support service to the Council including schools.
As a Senior Caretaker you will ensure continuity of services to schools, providing a seamless transition of caretaking cover when a school caretaker has a period of leave.
The job forms part of a dedicated and professional team of Caretakers responsible for ensuring that the individual caretaking requirements of a school are met in full. As a Senior Caretaker you will be expected to lead and motivate the Caretaking Team. You will liaise with and develop effective working relationships with Head Teachers and other members of the school staff.
You will be responsible for ensuring that our customer’s buildings are fully operational at all times for the benefit of users in a safe and pleasant manner. It will be your responsibility to ensure that health and safety and fire management issues are dealt with promptly and effectively by you and your team.
You will work closely with other senior caretakers to ensure consistency across the service.
Requirements for this job:
- Previous experience in a supervisory role and caretaking, or a role with similar duties;
- Ability to support staff in training and identifying training needs
- Practical DIY skills and ability to carry out basic repairs and maintenance
- Able and willing to work across multiple sites across Kirklees
- To have an understanding of HASAW and COSHH and knowledge of health and safety working practices
- Sufficiently numerate and literate to complete complex documentation
- Ability to coordinate teams of staff to ensure that buildings are adequately covered and business needs are met
- Ability to use a computer for diary management and other IT functions i.e. SAP
- Good customer care skills
Travel is an essential part of this job and therefore it would be extremely difficult for you to do your job effectively if you did not use a car for all or most of the time. It is essential that you hold a full and valid driving licence and it is expected that you will either use a Council vehicle or your own car.
If you would like to talk to someone about this role please contact the Recruiting Manager Sarah Mason on 07528-988057 or email email@example.com
01 November 2020, 11:55 PM