Communications and Marketing Officer - West Yorkshire Combined Authority
Kirklees Council are advertising this role on behalf of West Yorkshire Combined Authority.
We are seeking to appoint two Communications and Marketing Officers in our Communications team.
It is an exciting time to be joining the Combined Authority, following the announcement that a £1.8bn devolution deal has been secured for West Yorkshire. Devolution will enable us to drive up living standards for local communities while tackling the climate emergency and help deliver our commitment to become a net zero carbon city region by 2038.
Reporting into the Head of External Affairs, your key responsibilities will include:
- Working with colleagues to raise the status and profile of the Combined Authority within West Yorkshire and beyond, using outstanding media relations skills and digital channels to tell compelling stories to a wide range of regional and national audiences;
- Generating positive media coverage, nationally and regionally, inspiring debate and content powerful enough to help shape national policy decisions that influence our region’s way of life;
- Building relationships with key journalists, as well as reacting quickly to emerging issues and identifying opportunities for our spokespeople to contribute to the national conversation.
Please review the Role Profile on our website for more information about the responsibilities.
You will have the following key skills, attributes and experience but not be limited to:
- Fast-paced press office or media experience. including strong writing skills, relationship building and understanding of successful strategies around earned and owned content;
- Experience of developing structured and carefully targeted communications plans using multiple channels to support corporate goals;
- Ability and confidence to advise senior figures, Work flexibly and collaboratively as part of a multi-disciplinary communications and marketing team and operate successfully in a partnership environment.
Alongside a competitive salary, we offer an excellent benefits package including:
- 28 Days Holiday plus bank holidays;
- Generous Employer-Contribution Pension Scheme;
- Free Travel on rail and buses with the M-Card;
- Flexible Working Practises with Health & Wellbeing initiatives to ensure you achieve the best work/life balance and career goals.
To apply for this role, upload your CV and covering letter on our website by 11:55pm on Friday 23 October 2020. The reference for this job is: Ref: PSC/C25M
Applicants with a disability are guaranteed an interview, subject to the minimum criteria being met.
The Combined Authority’s aim is to attract people from diverse backgrounds to build on our inclusive culture. We welcome applications from everyone regardless of age, race, gender, religion or beliefs, disability, gender identity or sexual orientation.
We are committed to inclusivity and will consider requests for flexible working including part time and job share arrangements.
Candidates will be notified of invitation to interview by e-mail and interviews will be carried out either by phone or video interview.
Please note that whilst it is our policy to recruit at SP1 for all appointments, which is the salary stated above, each role includes career salary progression, with incremental increases applicable in most cases, on an annual basis. The annual pay award for the financial year 2020/21 is still pending and will be applied to our salary structure as appropriate once confirmed.
Given the high volumes of applications we receive we are unable to respond to every applicant, therefore if you have not heard from us within four weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application has not been successful on this occasion.
Candidate information will be retained by the Combined Authority for six months unless you make a request for this to be deleted.
23 October 2020, 11:55 PM