Temporary Teacher of Chemistry - Heckmondwike Grammar School
Kirklees Council are advertising this role on behalf of Heckmondwike Grammar School.
Are you an innovative, enthusiastic and passionate Teacher of Chemistry?
Then this will be the job for you.
This post provides a unique opportunity to work within a high-performing and growing 11 to 18 grammar school with a large sixth-form and exceptional students. With an intake of approximately 500 post-16 and 210 in next year’s Year 7, Heckmondwike Grammar School is a dynamic place to be.
We also have the significant addition of a new £1.1 million sixth form centre nearby.
We would like to appoint an outstanding Temporary Teacher of Chemistry. We passionately believe that Chemistry is of vital and fundamental importance as a science. The Chemistry department has seven specialist teachers and two technicians.
The department uses five well-equipped modern laboratories, a large staff office and a dedicated prep room. We have detailed schemes of work and we share resources in order to achieve high standards of teaching and learning. Teachers usually teach in all key stages.
What Will You Bring To The Role?
- Suitably qualified – degree in relevant discipline plus teaching qualification
- Up-to-date knowledge of curriculum related issues 11-19
- Skilled classroom practitioner with the ability to inspire and motivate students in KS3 to KS5.
- ICT skills and an understanding of the potential for use of ICT for teaching and learning, including IWB/Powerpoint/VLE/iPad
- Ability to contribute to the wider school life
- Able and confident to contribute to development of schemes of work and teaching and learning materials
- Energy and enthusiasm
- Suitability to work with children
For more role details please see the attached documents below.
Why Should You Apply?
Heckmondwike Grammar School is a unique school, with students who are eager to learn, keen to know more and want to enjoy their educational experiences. It is exceptional in many ways: a very diverse school community that produces results of the highest quality.
We work effectively with our young people, really care about them and their futures and have an ultimate success measure of enabling them to proceed to where they want to go. Excellent relationships between staff and students are the norm, expectations are high and students perform very well as a consequence.
In return, we offer a competitive salary, membership of the teacher pension scheme and other well-being benefits.
How to Apply
Completed applications should be sent by email to: email@example.com.
Further information about the school is available on the school website.
02 November 2020, 8:00 AM