Senior Building Control Surveyor
At Kirklees our mission is to create a district in which people are proud to live and work, where businesses and communities have a sense of ownership and involvement, and where neighbourhoods are welcoming, attractive and successful, and where people have a good quality of life. To achieve this our Building Control Service handles a range of tasks related to Building Regulations and other Public Safety Legislation
As Senior Building Control Surveyor, you will be key in taking the service forward in a challenging and changing regulatory environment
Just some of your main responsibilities as Senior Building Control Surveyor will include:
- Being Service champion on Safety at Sports Grounds Legislation
- Developing and training the staff of the future
- Undertaking a lead role on Building Regulatory matters on complex projects which have significant impact on the health safety and welfare of the public or community
- Analysing and evaluating all the functional design features of plans deposited ensuring relevant standards are satisfied. Issuing decisions and notices as required within statutory timescales.
- Leading on enforcement matters including liaising with the council’s solicitors and prosecutions.
- Investigating complaints and advising on potential courses of action.
Our ideal candidate for this role will already have:
- Comprehensive knowledge of the Building Regulations and allied legislation
- LABC level 6 Fire Safety Specialist Accreditation or the ability to gain it.
- Knowledge of the legislation affecting dangerous structures and demolitions together with proven experience of dealing with complex out of hours call outs.
- Proven experience in dealing with legislation applicable to sports stadia and issuing of safety certificates.
- Proven experience in working with business partners and customers to improve their understanding of the regulatory process and assist them with a pathway through it.
- Proven expertise in marketing and income generation
This role will require you to participate in a contractual standby arrangement and be able to respond at any time of day or night (subject to agreed protocols) to reports of dangerous structures. You will sometimes attend meetings and work outside of office hours as required.
As part of our selection process, if you are shortlisted you will be asked to complete a test prior to interview. Further information will be provided.
15 January 2021, 11:55 PM
This vacancy is closed to applications.