Technical Services Officer (Mechanical)
£36,876 - £38,813
At Kirklees we want to be innovative and creative in the way we work to deliver our services to our communities. This is an exciting and challenging time and we want to expand our team to manage and deliver construction related projects, to achieve the Council’s ambitions. We are looking for a Technical Services Officer to support Technical Services Manager with leading and ensuring effective design and delivery of capital programmes and individual projects involving new build and extensions, remodelling schemes relating to schools , leisure centres, offices, depots, blocks of flats, listed buildings that form part of the Council’s Capital investment and Blueprint Plans ranging from £10K up to £5M of architectural services.
Your key responsibilities as a Technical Services Officer (Mechanical) will be:
- To manage the performance for a range of capital projects involving multi-discipline and single discipline design teams, preparing new build, refurbishment and remodelling building contracts
- To initiate, develop and promote the professional, commercial and contractual factors affecting service delivery including applying information technology to best advantage
- To act as the Councils Technical Authority in relation to its Built Environment and Assets, developing, implementing, monitoring and amending technical specifications, strategies, practices and standards to ensure compliance with all statutory requirements
We are looking for someone who has:
- A relevant professional or academic qualification or extensive experience that supports the skills needed for Technical Services Officer (Mechanical)
- Extensive professional Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) design experience, strong negotiation, consultation and influencing skills
We need more talented and ambitious people to join our team. If you are this person, we look forward to hearing from you.
Individuals must be able to travel independently to and from locations away from the office such as construction sites or consultant’s offices. In addition, individuals need to be able to visit construction sites, and be able to ascend and descend scaffolding as an example, on accompanied visits.
21 August 2020, 11:55 PM
This vacancy is closed to applications.