Software Developer (2 Positions)
KIRKLEES COUNCIL OFFER THIS ROLE ON BEHALF OF WEST YORKSHIRE COMBINED AUTHORITY
West Yorkshire Combined Authority facilitates the provision of public transport and economic growth across West Yorkshire. ICT is at the heart of these services delivered by the Combined Authority and is responsible for developing and maintaining both public facing and internal systems.
We are seeking a professional and enthusiastic software developer to join our Business Systems Team within ICT Services. The role is based in the Combined Authority’s offices in Leeds and requires technical knowledge and experience of software design, development, testing and implementation of web and windows applications. Experience of programming languages (e.g. C#), .NET, HTML, scripting languages, XML, and general web design is necessary.
Your initial tasks will focus on providing support and enhancement to the existing systems based on MS Dynamics 365 CRM and Umbraco/Azure websites. You will also be involved with our major ICT programmes which aim to provide improved Customer access to the CA products and facilities via the web and mobile apps.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Develop bespoke software applications to support organisational objectives and strategic plans and to improve processes in line with the requirements of the business.
- Provide on-going technical support for business-critical ICT systems, public facing websites and customer portals.
- Configure and deploy software produced by third party providers.
- Engage directly with key stakeholders to understand and document business, functional and non-functional requirements.
- Integrating disperse systems by coding interfaces utilising various Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) and Software Development Kits (SDKs).
- Provide technical expertise and recommendations in assessing new ICT technologies and initiatives.
We offer an excellent benefits package including:
- 28 Days Holiday plus bank holidays
- Generous Employer-Contribution Pension Scheme,
- Free Travel on rail and buses with the M-Card,
- Flexible Working Practises with Health & Wellbeing initiatives to ensure you achieve the best work/life balance and career goals.
The Combined Authority’s aim is to attract people from diverse backgrounds to build on our inclusive culture. We welcome applications from everyone regardless of age, race, gender, religion or beliefs, disability, gender identity or sexual orientation.
Applicants with a disability are guaranteed an interview, subject to the minimum criteria being met.
Please note: Whilst it is our policy to recruit at SP1 for all appointments, each role has career salary progression with incremental increases applicable in most cases on an annual basis.
To apply online please visit http://www.westyorks-ca.gov.uk/jobs/ by 11:55pm on Wednesday 05 August 2020
Given the high volumes of applications we receive we are unable to respond to all applicants, therefore if you have not heard from us within 4 weeks of the closing date please assume that on this occasion you have not been successful.
Candidate information will be retained by West Yorkshire Combined Authority for 6 months unless you make a request for this to be deleted.
05 August 2020, 11:55 PM
This vacancy is closed to applications.